Susie Dancer
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of the 2nd edition (WotC). The first thing I noticed was that the items are gone and replaced by ones that either say "item pile" or item 1, item 2, etc. I personally like have separate tokens for each item. It helps with the flavour of the game. Sad those are gone. The other concern was that I'm missing monster tokens. I'm thinking about a particular scenario, I can't remember the number and don't want to search for it as it will spoil all the other scenarios I haven't played yet but there were body parts all over the house. I don't see any tokens for those. Are they missing or is the scenario changed or gone? I only had one sheet of coloured tokens plus the two sheets that had the character cards with the items, the square tokens, and pentagon tokens. So confused plus feeling like Avalon Hill (Hasbro) cheaped out a little if they have removed so many tokens. Or if they have changed scenarios do they work better? Any help clarifying this would be very much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monster tokens are now generic. Just like items.

The tentacles may be cthulhu, plants, or I don't know, noodles - depending on the scenario.

I know I've had to use the six-armed woman "pink" tokens to represent helpless survivors in a cannibal scenario before.

I'm happy with the decision, it cuts down on waste and sorting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie Dancer
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I'm glad to know I'm just not missing things. Makes for some weird scenarios though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.