United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I am creating a lot of threads lately. Anyway...

Last year I posted about my new/old gaming table.

Well, this year I added to it. Due to games like X-Wing and Robotech, the 42"x30" table was just not big enough. I needed something bigger. So a couple weeks ago, I decided to make a 6'x4' board to place on top of my old art table.

~$17 for the board
~$8 for the felt (green on one side and tan on the other)

And then some stapling, cutting, and gluing....and not I have a two sided board for any sort of grass or desert fight. It looks and feels so nice.

The problem is where to store it right now. Once I have that down, I am thinking of making another with gray felt on one side for rocky Warhammer 40k look, and black on the other for space. Then I will just mark up the felt to make stars.

Anyway, here are a couple pics. The first is the green side for Robotech (using some quick Deadzone buildings).

Second is the tan side for X-wing:

My buddy and I have already enjoyed a game of Relic Knights on it, and I have ran an epic game of X-wing on it too. But I would love to hear if anyone has ideas to make it better....especially for the next board. I am not sure if ink will look good for stars, or if beads will get in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's your lichen, styrofoam hills with pipe cleaner pine trees, colored felt for rivers/roads, and fields?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mileser wrote:
Where's your lichen, styrofoam hills with pipe cleaner pine trees, colored felt for rivers/roads, and fields?

Non-existant as of yet, but that helps me.

Right now I just have the Deadzone scenery and a whole lot of rocks. Heck..rocks are free to get so why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.