Popular Tags: [View All]
Le Psquadou
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spartacus page announce this expansion to be released in winter 2014.
And, well is there any updates about the hold up? they got 3 days left

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
aphexboy wrote:
The Spartacus page announce this expansion to be released in winter 2014.
And, well is there any updates about the hold up? they got 3 days left

I think they said it would be released in Q1 2015, when I asked about it at SPIEL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
What the OP said. I can't wait for this one to be released. Has anyone heard any updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I don't see how this will get released before GenCon. The items were meant for the last years GenCon initially, then someone thought to combine them into a new expansion and add some mechanics and now their attention seems to be on developing Sons of Anarchy and Mutant Revolution as possibly more profitable prospects.

Considering how they've given no dates, no news, no promotions, this is not one of their priorities :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
To be honest I don't see how this will get released before GenCon. The items were meant for the last years GenCon initially, then someone thought to combine them into a new expansion and add some mechanics and now their attention seems to be on developing Sons of Anarchy and Mutant Revolution as possibly more profitable prospects.

Considering how they've given no dates, no news, no promotions, this is not one of their priorities :/

Such negativity! I choose to believe we will have this in the first half of 2015. And I have just as much evidence as you! :-)

Cheer up... blood will soak the sand... eventually!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very surprising that Spartacus doesn't get more attention from both the publisher and us players. It is a brilliant game. It is also a much better game than Firefly (from the same publisher), which does get a lot of attention and expansions (I don't dislike Firefly in any way, but it is certainly not as involving as Spartacus).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about Spartacus. I started watching the series because I loved the game so much. It's a Top 10 game for me. You're making me nervous about Firefly now - I've just got the game and all expansions and look forward to playing it once I've finished re-watching the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cc_TheToph wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

Such negativity! I choose to believe we will have this in the first half of 2015. And I have just as much evidence as you! :-)

Cheer up... blood will soak the sand... eventually!

Well, they missed the Winter 2014 release which was announced and haven't released any new information whatsoever beyond the box art. Sure we have as much evidence, but I'm simply drawing conclusions from what we've seen so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
streaky2007 wrote:
I agree about Spartacus. I started watching the series because I loved the game so much. It's a Top 10 game for me. You're making me nervous about Firefly now - I've just got the game and all expansions and look forward to playing it once I've finished re-watching the series.

I have all of Firefly also. I've even painted the ships. Don't worry - it is a nice game, but more of an experience than a contest. While I would compare Spartacus to the best games of all time, Firefly is more like "story telling" (perhaps it could be likened to Last Night on Earth and Fortune and Glory).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
I usually sell a lot of games, which I consider, as "played to be boring game".

Spartacus is part of my "forever game" collection. I still love this game, although I didn't play with it for about a half year.

I hope they will release the new exp soon. I'm really glad, that they will correct the Batiatus house rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued now. I'll have to let you know what I think when I've played it because I LOVE Fortune & Glory (also a Top 10 game), but hated Last Night on Earth! I'm still on the fence about Shadows of Brimstone as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastion wrote:

Spartacus is part of my "forever game" collection. I still love this game, although I didn't play with it for about a half year.

I hope they will release the new exp soon. I'm really glad, that they will correct the Batiatus house rules.

Which rule is being corrected?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
streaky2007 wrote:
Bastion wrote:

Which rule is being corrected?

Well, I do not know, because it is not released yet.
The Batiatus house collects Gladiators, cause it can get back most of the money from them. That player also needs a lot of luck, to find cards, which give benefits after the Gladiator collection. That is the bad point of the game. If Batiatus do not find any of these cards, he probably won't be a great Dominus.

So I guess, they changed the rules, so then Batiatus can benefit more from his Gladiators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
streaky2007 wrote:
I'm intrigued now. I'll have to let you know what I think when I've played it because I LOVE Fortune & Glory (also a Top 10 game), but hated Last Night on Earth! I'm still on the fence about Shadows of Brimstone as a result.

If it is any consolation I think Firefly is more like FANG than LNoE. I also like FANG and will keep it (painting all the models was a chore), but it will not enter my top 10 since I prefer games that can be played like a competition (too much randomness in FANG and Firefly for that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
The problem I found with Firefly, even with the expansions, is that there isn't an awful lot of player interaction. Every time I've played it you see who's going to win a mile off and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Even the new 'boarding' rules don't really harm people too much.

Completely different to Spartacus where it's all about player interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
BIGJC wrote:
The problem I found with Firefly, even with the expansions, is that there isn't an awful lot of player interaction. Every time I've played it you see who's going to win a mile off and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Even the new 'boarding' rules don't really harm people too much.

Completely different to Spartacus where it's all about player interaction.

That is the reason why I did not buy Firefly, but I bought Sons of Anarchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc.com notes a release of "March."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Treleaven

Fargo
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-order shipping in April!

http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
Can anyone read some details? I am really curious to Theokles new ability. What is that orange square token? Give me details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkwing Dahl wrote:
Finally

You don't know that, not for sure. They might just be bluffing to get you to lend them some of your influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
As I can read Theokles power:

SHADOW of DEATH: If Theokles in Primus
SHALL I BEGIN? Once a Primus, may reset? a dice? ... fall, instead of attacking.

Help mi out with that middle part.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/DesktopModules/Store/Thumbnail.as...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Treleaven

Fargo
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it as the following but doesn't seem right:

Shadow of Death: No Teammate in Primus
Shall I Begin?: During a primus, may reset all dice ***** ** fail, instead of attacking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
So he heal himself. Theokles can truly fight alone in this way by himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bower
United States
Springfied
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reset all dice to full. So yeah, he can get all his health back once during the primus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.