Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Print Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of sweet custom cards you all have created here. Is everyone printing and sleeving them?

Is there anyplace that will print up double sided cards that could be shuffled in?

I really love the idea I saw about creating hero cards for our family members, but I do not sleeve so that would be a big negative for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Benson

Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a huge batch of customs (I'll be tweaking these soon, using the responses in the forum) and I have another huge batch on the way with more schemes, heroes, villains, henchmen, and Masterminds.

I have printed them off at Cardstudio. When I found that I couldn't shuffle them normally because of VERY small differences in size (also the textures of the cards are slightly different, so you know they are next to be drawn) I splurged and bought black sleeves. It was pricey, but man they look and play amazing now. They are the upper deck ones.

Here's a link to my stuff:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/102370/thesonofbens-legend...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have stuff made up at Printerstudio.com, and you more or less cannot tell the difference between the custom cards and the real cards (custom is sometimes slightly darker on the backs, so I use a slightly lightened back image). The only problem is PS recently raised their prices by...well, a lot, so that sucks.

I also use penny sleeves, even though I found no difference in the texture of real cards vs. custom cards from PS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enigmahfc wrote:
I have stuff made up at Printerstudio.com, and you more or less cannot tell the difference between the custom cards and the real cards (custom is sometimes slightly darker on the backs, so I use a slightly lightened back image). The only problem is PS recently raised their prices by...well, a lot, so that sucks.

I also use penny sleeves, even though I found no difference in the texture of real cards vs. custom cards from PS.

What selections do you use for getting them printed up? Standard 2.5" x 3.5" poker cards look like the right size, (Legendary cards look to be about 1/6th of an inch smaller).

They are about $9 for a deck of 52 which does not seem bad. Although I have no idea what they used to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thesonofben wrote:
I made a huge batch of customs (I'll be tweaking these soon, using the responses in the forum) and I have another huge batch on the way with more schemes, heroes, villains, henchmen, and Masterminds.

I have printed them off at Cardstudio. When I found that I couldn't shuffle them normally because of VERY small differences in size (also the textures of the cards are slightly different, so you know they are next to be drawn) I splurged and bought black sleeves. It was pricey, but man they look and play amazing now. They are the upper deck ones.

Here's a link to my stuff:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/102370/thesonofbens-legend...

Couldn't find the Cardstudio website... the first thing that shows up is a zebra.com?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan8765309 wrote:
enigmahfc wrote:

What selections do you use for getting them printed up? Standard 2.5" x 3.5" poker cards look like the right size, (Legendary cards look to be about 1/6th of an inch smaller).

They are about $9 for a deck of 52 which does not seem bad. Although I have no idea what they used to be.

The cards are 63x88 mm. Printerstudio has that size as an option and I've printed some from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klakak wrote:
Dan8765309 wrote:
enigmahfc wrote:

The cards are 63x88 mm. Printerstudio has that size as an option and I've printed some from there.

Ahh I see that... do you order the standard (cheapest) quality? Looks like they have a little sale on for the next two days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got some cards printed by PrinterStudio.com for Legendary. I made this video to help out anyone who is considering taking the plunge:
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/62020/legendary-marvel-deck-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.