Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this was our first play.

I read the rules this morning and then got the family interested by playing a sample round. My 12 and 10 year old were immediately interested by the horde of models arrayed on the table.

So, we set up a 4 player game. Each of us got four characters. I made sure my daughter got the little girl with the butcher knife, and that my son got the nerd with the Bazinga shirt. We took a moment and read up on our character abilities and then got right to it.

In the 1 O'Clock hour we did our best to move wherever we could, but the map was busy and so several characters got caught in the Crossroads. I got the kids and wife to negotiate at the hospital, and it was fun to get the family to try to negotiate for votes. Later that turn, I used the bank to move the zombie token to my sons color, so he lost a character in that turn, but not before his guy snagged a can of soup.

In the 2 O'Clock hour, after moving, we saw our first votes for sharing goods. I thought I had myself a victory in the armory, but then lo and behold, my wife plays a card in which she puts a gun to my head to steal my 2 votes. She takes my antidote and then gives the card there away to our daughter.

In the 3 O'Clock hour, I move The Vigil (character with the dog) to the burning water tower. I had the pregnant lady give birth in the church to try to steal a zombie attack vote, but lost in a tie breaker... and then got thrown to the Zombies. I watched as my wife and daughter took the lady miniature and had the horde of zombies slowly munch on her and her baby. At the armory, my daughter started a fire that caused the water tower to explode, killing my man Vigil there!

In the 4 O'Clock hour we saw the carnage got to its maximum extreme. My wife lost 2 and my son and daughter each lost one survivor. I managed to hold on to my 2 remaining survivors.

My wife pulled 11 points with her old lady and business woman survivors. My daughter had her little girl hiding with food and antidote, so she pulled six points. My son also pulled 2 survivors for 8 points, and then was able to play food for another 2, totaling 10 points. I also had 10 points.

So, that 1 point from the stolen antidote was the game swinging point.

Anyhow, this game left a good first impression. My family is looking forward to doing it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never thought this could be a family game (lot of backstabbing), so I'm glad to know it worked
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.