Panic on Wall Street!» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 or more investors in one company. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mr. sorsurus
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One of our group member suggested that we play with 2 or more investors are allowed to invest in one company. as long as they all agreed with the price set by the manager.

Anyone play with this kind of variant? is this allowed? thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say it's allowed. It's disallowed by the rules if I remember correctly. One investor per company.

How do you handle the payout? Split it between the two? Split the cost between the two?

They're your components so do what you will with them but if you were going to a Panic on Wall Street tournament you should expect that not to be a part of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr. sorsurus
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
both will get the payout and then they both need to pay the cost to the manager. we tried it yesterday but we found it unbalance because if one of the manager offer a lower price then everyone will put their token on that company. less negotiation thus makes the game less interesting.

thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
sorsurus wrote:
both will get the payout and then they both need to pay the cost to the manager. we tried it yesterday but we found it unbalance because if one of the manager offer a lower price then everyone will put their token on that company. less negotiation thus makes the game less interesting.

thanks for the reply.

Oh yeah. The scarcity is the whole point. Why buy a second 'red' when I have a red and everyone can put their chip on it? If I was going to do it I wouldn't mind splitting it, but most splits can be attained by renting half here and half there - ie, own 2 reds but not allow one renter to take them both - too much risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.