Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
We were now joined by Patrick, so we tried out a 6-player game of Condottiere. Patrick and David had only previously played a 2-player game of it, and weren’t thrilled with it. But the game plays much better with more players.

This game works very well for sheer fun card play. The bluffing and putting down and taking up of cards (with the raven/scarecrow card) makes for some great up and down battles. Once you commit to fighting a battle, you pretty well have to either back out early, use a special card to shut things down - or else you are in it for the long haul. And once that happens, you can pretty well forget about contesting for any other areas in that turn, since the cards in your hand will have been depleted, giving you a distinct disadvantage against another player who hasn’t battled yet.

In the end, I “snuck in” for the win with Milano, Venezia and Morena. I battled Patrick right down to his last card, but I had both more cards left and more points - so I took the 3rd city and claimed the victory. William slapped his forehead and exclaimed that he had been so busy dealing with his peasants in Genova, Bologna and Urbino, that he had missed the fact that I was going for a 3rd adjacent city - else he would have joined the battle, too.

Dan - *winner* with Milano, Venezia, Morena
William - Genova, Bologna, Urbino
Rick - Napoli, Ancona, Fererra
David - Mantova, Roma
Corwin - Lucca
Patrick - Torino

Ratings:
Dan - 7
Rick - 7
David - 7
Corwin - 7
William - 6, with a bullet (an up-bullet....)
Patrick - 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.