Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroic feats of Tinashi and Tomble are basically the same: It allows them to move 3 or 4 spaces while ignoring obstacles and monsters. All of those spaces need to be adjacent, however, and thus this ability cannot be used to move through walls and doors.

SoN introduces portcullis and elevation lines. Spaces on both sides of a portcullis or elevation line are considered adjacent. However, figures cannot move over an elevation line or through a portcullis.
So, can these these abilities be used to move through a closed portcullis or over an elevation line?

edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would say Elevation = yes, Portcullis = no.

Elevation simply blocks movement, spaces are still fully adjacent.

Portcullis though, if I recall correctly, is not completely adjacent, but simply adjacent for specific purposes (melee attacks, I believe). This is a special exception, and not full adjacency, so would not allow the Feats to move across a Portcullis.

If I'm remembering this wrong on Portcullis rules, just ignore this and go with Dexter's response, as weird for theme as it may be to be able to move through a portcullis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent 2nd Edition, Shadows of Nerekhall Rules, Page 4, Portcullis wrote:
This expansion includes a new feature called a portcullis. A portcullis is set up similar to doors in a quest and are shown as gray doors in the Shadow of Nerekhall Quest Guide. Figures cannot move through a portcullis, but figures may perform attacks, trace line of sight, and count spaces through a portcullis. Spaces separated by a portcullis are considered to be adjacent.

Emphasis original.

The only thing necessary for Tomble's or Tinashi's Heroic Feats are the ability to count spaces, which is explicitly allowed through portcullises. The only thing not allowed is movement, but neither Tomble's nor Tinashi's Heroic Feat is standard movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yup, fair enough, I remembered wrong, and didn't have rules at hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, guys. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yay Melone
msg tools
well I think it breaks some maps if you can teleport through portcullis, not to mention flavor and "realism". I would suggest a house rule against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.