Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Stainbrook
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So far just played through a two-player scenario. The second edition rules are very clear on most points, but I have a question about TC discards. Since TCs are played/discarded throughout the turn, the answer might be different for each phase.

Draw phase. When a player must discard one of their drawn cards, do they have to show it to the other players?

Move phase. When purcahsing armies and supply trains, do they have to reveal the TCs they used?

Combat phase. When the combat is complete, face up or face down in the discard pile. I'll add to this, can anyone look through the discards, for example, to see how many "reserves" have been played?

I know the rules say to keep the discards separated by deck color, that would seem to mean the discards should be face down eventually, but in the Draw and Move (purchase) phase I didn't see whether the discarded or played cards had to be revealed first.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
MartyS wrote:

Draw phase. When a player must discard one of their drawn cards, do they have to show it to the other players?

No - I think that one is in the rules somewhere.

MartyS wrote:

Move phase. When purcahsing armies and supply trains, do they have to reveal the TCs they used?

I think so, although I don't remember seeing that answered.

MartyS wrote:

Combat phase. When the combat is complete, face up or face down in the discard pile. I'll add to this, can anyone look through the discards, for example, to see how many "reserves" have been played?

All are discarded face down.

Of course, these answers are based on only 2 playings ... but I think I got it right !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:

The French (and Prussians in the 2 player scenario) discard their card face down, see rule 3 first spades, comment b)

Quote:

face up (see rule 10, first spades, 3rd sentence)
(otherwise no player can proof that the correct sum was paid)

Quote:

All played cards (for combat, recuritment, etc.) are collected face down. The played TC's cannot be looked through by players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Stainbrook
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I appreciate the quick replies. I'm looking forward to a three player game this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.