Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
With more arrivals, we split into 2 groups. Jeremy, William, Corwin and I were feeling city-plannerish, so we broke out Big City. This is only the 2nd time I had played this game - and I definitely enjoyed it more this time. It’s the kind of game that grows on you, I think....

The lead changed hands many times. But Corwin made a boo-boo at the end. (well, it wasn’t really a boo-boo; it was more of a sub-optimal move - he was more focused on scoring some points for himself, and overlooked the potential setup he was leaving for someone else (provided they had the right cards) (...and it so happened that William DID have the right cards....))

On his 2nd last play, William got to place the big 30 point Cinema. That big 30-point score gave him the lead and the game. Without it, William would have come in last, so it turned out to be a very significant move for him.

Good game. I look forward to playing it again in the near future.

Final scores:
William - *108*
Corwin - 95
Jeremy - 88
Dan - 88

Ratings: quite high by all. Obviously we all enjoyed it....

Jeremy - 9
William - 8
Corwin - 8
Dan - 8

I should point out that the hardest part of the game is the taking-out-of and the putting-back the buildings into those black molded plastic trays that come with the game. Talk about tight-fitting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.