Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe C.
United States
Everett
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure it's entirely-clear how the Continuous Effect Techs work, with regard to if/when you have to keep your cubes on them. Based on what I've been able to dig up, it seems like there's some conflicting information.

From the Rule Book (page 10) wrote:
Red = This has been errata'd/removed via the FAQ, see below:

Cubes placed on technologies that have not been
completed, or that have been activated and then partially
depleted due to a “cube restoration” effect (see
“Cube Restoration” description in the list of Advanced
Technologies and ruins effects), may be left on the
technologies or put back into the bag: it’s up to the
player to decide what to do for each of these cubes.

• Cubes placed on continuous technology (see CONTINUOUS
EFFECTS) may be left on the technologies
or put back into the bag: it’s up to the player to decide
what to do for each of these cubes

From the FAQ wrote:
Page 10: RESET: paragraph 4 is eliminated (i.e. the one above in RED)

This means that during Reset, only the cubes on activation
spaces of technologies with continuous effects can be left
on the technology. All other cubes must be put back
into the bag.

From the Rule Book (Page 14) (book marks this in red!) wrote:
IMPORTANT: During Reset, the cubes placed on the
Advanced Technologies with continuous effect are not
placed back into the bag.

It seems like the Page 10 Rule Book Continuous-Effect choice (i.e. the word "may") might be a leftover from when you could also choose to leave cubes on any uncompleted tech (i.e. the red section, from the quote). So it's possible that the choice to still leave them, as noted in the FAQ, still only applies to UNCOMPLETED Continuous-Effect Techs.

The Page 14 Rule Book clarification, however, seems very clear that cubes placed on Continuous-Effect Techs are NOT put back into the bag (no matter the circumstance?). Could it be that this applies ONLY to COMPLETED Continuous Effect Techs?

The questions are pretty straightforward:

1) During Reset, can you choose whether to remove cubes from an UNCOMPLETED Continuous-Effect Tech and put them back into the bag? If so, must you remove ALL of them? Or can you choose to remove some but leave others (for bag-manipulation purposes).

2) During Reset, can you choose whether to remove cubes from a COMPLETED Continuous-Effect Tech and put them back into the bag? If so, must you remove ALL of them? Or can you choose to remove some but leave others (for bag-manipulation purposes).

3) When, IF EVER, MUST you leave cubes on a Continuous Effect Technology, once they're put there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yelmac wrote:
I'm not sure it's entirely-clear how the Continuous Effect Techs work, with regard to if/when you have to keep your cubes on them. Based on what I've been able to dig up, it seems like there's some conflicting information.

From the Rule Book (page 10) wrote:
Red = This has been errata'd/removed via the FAQ, see below:

Cubes placed on technologies that have not been
completed, or that have been activated and then partially
depleted due to a “cube restoration” effect (see
“Cube Restoration” description in the list of Advanced
Technologies and ruins effects), may be left on the
technologies or put back into the bag: it’s up to the
player to decide what to do for each of these cubes.

• Cubes placed on continuous technology (see CONTINUOUS
EFFECTS) may be left on the technologies
or put back into the bag: it’s up to the player to decide
what to do for each of these cubes

From the FAQ wrote:
Page 10: RESET: paragraph 4 is eliminated (i.e. the one above in RED)

This means that during Reset, only the cubes on activation
spaces of technologies with continuous effects can be left
on the technology. All other cubes must be put back
into the bag.

From the Rule Book (Page 14) (book marks this in red!) wrote:
IMPORTANT: During Reset, the cubes placed on the
Advanced Technologies with continuous effect are not
placed back into the bag.

It seems like the Page 10 Rule Book Continuous-Effect choice (i.e. the word "may") might be a leftover from when you could also choose to leave cubes on any uncompleted tech (i.e. the red section, from the quote). So it's possible that the choice to still leave them, as noted in the FAQ, still only applies to UNCOMPLETED Continuous-Effect Techs.

The Page 14 Rule Book clarification, however, seems very clear that cubes placed on Continuous-Effect Techs are NOT put back into the bag (no matter the circumstance?). Could it be that this applies ONLY to COMPLETED Continuous Effect Techs?

The questions are pretty straightforward:

1) During Reset, can you choose whether to remove cubes from an UNCOMPLETED Continuous-Effect Tech and put them back into the bag? If so, must you remove ALL of them? Or can you choose to remove some but leave others (for bag-manipulation purposes).

2) During Reset, can you choose whether to remove cubes from a COMPLETED Continuous-Effect Tech and put them back into the bag? If so, must you remove ALL of them? Or can you choose to remove some but leave others (for bag-manipulation purposes).

3) When, IF EVER, MUST you leave cubes on a Continuous Effect Technology, once they're put there?

When you reset, you place all cubes back into your bag, except ones on continuous effects. Each cube placed on a continuous effect may be placed back into your bag, or remain where they are. You are evaluating and decided based on a single cube spot, not based on the card as a whole, so complete or incomplete has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.