Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Dropez
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
I would rather be here
badge
Auda will come to Aqaba because it is his pleasure...
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Cloyster card:

"Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all damage done to Cloyster by attacks during your opponent's next turn"

Consider I roll heads. This "damage" includes also the special conditions included in some attacks?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xavilongo wrote:
From the Cloyster card:

"Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all damage done to Cloyster by attacks during your opponent's next turn"

Consider I roll heads. This "damage" includes also the special conditions included in some attacks?

Thanks in advance!
If you flip heads, you would only prevent normal damage during your opponent's next turn. That does not include damage from poison, burn, confusion, or anything else like that because those aren't considered damage; they are considered "placing damage counters," which is different.

For example, if the opponent's attack said "Place 3 damage counters on the defending Pokemon," Cloyster's Withdraw attack would NOT prevent it.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marauder / media
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mb
xavilongo wrote:

As far, as I remember it doesn't. It only prevents damage from the attack. So if your Cloyster was attacked by an attack which does X damage and poisons it, it wouldn't be damaged, but it would get poisoned! And as Tim already answered, poison damage is "counter placing damage"
Same goes for attacks which swap your Pokémon: "This attack does x damage and the defending player swaps his active Pokémon with a Pokémon from his bench"
Cloyster wouldn't be damaged, but you still would have to swap your Pokémon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.