Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: First session of WOA, questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought id run through the solo session first before starting to combine stuff from LOD also.
Good thing i did cause i had some stuff come up that i was not really sure of what to make of.
Like the items for example. From what i understood i can have as many items as i want, but i get to draw one every turn regardless of how many monsters i kill and also i can only benefit from ONE item when it comes to either attack or AC bonus.
Some items contain the power to both get bonus and attack, can i lets say use the attack power from one item and then the AC bonus from another item the same turn? Also do you EQ items in some way or can u just freely choose between all the items you have every turn?
And also those items that reads" play immediately", do i use those once? Or do i get to keep them for the rest of the game, and can i in that case also have several of those but only use one ability at once?

Secondly about encounter cards, i had a sentry spawn that also spawned more tiles and monsters, which sometimes resulted in a few extra black triangles being "spawned" in the same turn. Do i draw cards for those as well or do i still only draw one card for the traingle i was responsible to get up?
Just felt it resulted in a few extra cards that became a little chaotic after a while hehe.

/Zol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played 2 times here, but I am fairly certain you can only get a treasure if you kill a monster, but yes only one despite killing more, But only if you kill one. Not just every turn regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 treasure card per hero turn, a kill is necessary, unless an effect over rules this.

As far as I remember you can split the effects of items to gain the better bonus, they just cannot stack, in regards to AC and To Hit.

You don't equip but if it says it requires an action(?) to use then you are limited by that.

1 time use so if it is wasted then you don't get the effect, healing at full health for example, and it is activated and discarded immediately upon getting it.
Also I think it is only for the hero that actually gets it too rather than like the other items that can be handed off to others in the party.

Sentry black triangles do not trigger additional Encounter cards.

This is to the best of my knowledge hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this game is very house rule friend and the creator even supports that. fell free to make your own rules!

You can have as many itens you wish. but you can only have one at time that adds AC and DMG. you can have multiple itens that gives bonuses for rolls.

you can only get one treasure hero kill.

black triangle tiles placed by encounter and sentry don't triggers encounters.

I play with everything mixed LOA, WOA and LOD and I have a blast. Just mix it and see what you'll have: a bigger dungeon and even more dangerdevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Russell
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the sentry question, I agree with the other posts above. Think of it this way:

When you begin Step 1 of your Villain Phase, you draw an Encounter card if you didn't place a Dungeon Tile or if you placed a Dungeon Tile with a black triangle. Your Sentry activates during Steps 2 or 3 of your villain phase, so while the Sentry will instruct you to lay out more Dungeon Tiles (and their corresponding monsters), you will not draw an Encounter card for any black triangles because the time for drawing Encounter cards in this instance occurs only during Step 1 (Rules, pg. 7).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Diggler
msg tools
Just got the game over the weekend, my first in the series. I feel like it’s brutal, I was only able to beat the tutorial by getting lucky and leveling up. Other than that, I got dominated, but I messed up by drawing more than one Encounter a lot (with multiple black triangles in a turn)… but it’s AWESOME, and I can’t wait to try again after work!!!

The Treasure item that lets you throw the shield, and it dosn't count as an attack. Is that one free attack (two attacks for that turn only)? Or can I throw that again turn after turn, giving me a free ranged attack every turn from that point on? So I can attack twice each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends what the card says (I'm not home and can't look).

If it's a one time use, the card will instruct you to discard after using it. If it doesn't say that, then you can hang on to it for the rest of the adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Diggler
msg tools
Also, when you flipped the last exit tile on the 1st adventure, does a monster spawn with the kobald boss, or just the boss alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Throwing Shield is a one free attack in addition to the AC bonus for the rest of the game, so it is a really good magic item. Actually, it is IMO too good, so I personally have limited its attack function to three uses / adventure, but that is a house rule. Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.