Subject: Another Final "Ritual" Variant (Easy) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
I've seen people contemplating different ideas for some Banishing Ritual in the end, because just winning by solving three Mysteries might feel anticlimactic to some. I can see where that comes from, although I myself am pretty satisfied with the default winning condition. Yet maybe this idea could scratch your itch; it's thematic enough and also fairly easy to implement, because it solely builds on existing rules, and doesn't really add anything new or fiddly:

SEALING THE FINAL GATE:

- Investigators gain Elder Signs for solving Mysteries (take the Tokens from your ARKHAM HORROR Game, or ELDER SIGN, or just keep the respective Mystery Card as a Trophy).
- Elder Signs may be traded just like Clues or Assets.
- As soon as the Final Mystery is being revealed (not resolved!), also spawn a Gate (if all Gates have been discarded, just shuffle the Gates and draw a new one). Don't forget to place a Monster on it.
- Put an Eldritch Token on it, so everyone knows, that this is the Final, Epic Gate.
- Investigators can only win, when the 3rd Mystery has been resolved, AND the Final Gate has been sealed. The order doesn't matter. It might be even wise to work on it simultaneously.
- The Final Gate can only be sealed, if the Investigator succeeding on the Other World Encounter also carries an Elder Sign.

This variant might even add a bit of strategy, because (as long as you haven't run out of Gates), you can actually try to guess, where the Final Gate might appear, and prepare for the Final Seal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.