Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I just wanted to check that ive been playing properly with defending cavalry in close combat. As we know the advance after combat is optional for defending units, but how about cavalry pursuit? I assume this is still mandatory for defending cavalry?
Assuming the cavalry pursuit check is mandatory is the advance in certain cases such as a break off result still optional or is it now mandatory? ie a defending cavalry wins a close combat and is forced to check for cavalry pursuit, a '0' is rolled, is the defender forced to advance or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mateybob wrote:
I just wanted to check that ive been playing properly with defending cavalry in close combat. As we know the advance after combat is optional for defending units, but how about cavalry pursuit? I assume this is still mandatory for defending cavalry?
Assuming the cavalry pursuit check is mandatory is the advance in certain cases such as a break off result still optional or is it now mandatory? ie a defending cavalry wins a close combat and is forced to check for cavalry pursuit, a '0' is rolled, is the defender forced to advance or not?

Cavalry Pursuit checks are not optional. The Cavalry Pursuit Check comes after any advance, which here includes a choice not to advance. So, if the cavalry was a victorious defender and chose not to advance and rolled a break off, it means nothing else happens, and the cavalry unit never moved.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome thanks! I wasnt clear on the point that cavalry pursuit come after the choice to advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mateybob wrote:
Awesome thanks! I wasnt clear on the point that cavalry pursuit come after the choice to advance.

No problem, happy to help! Hope you enjoy the game!

Thanks,
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.