6 Posts

Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » General

Subject: Good animal breeding strategy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David A.
msg tools
mb
What's a good way to amass a lot of animals for points without ending up eating them? They breed so slow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose the easiest is to simply not eat them. Get your food income from another source.

You could also breed animals as per the level 14 (I think that's right) loot item.

From the games I've played. The player(s) with lots of animals usually grabbed them often at 3 or 4 animals off the sheep or donkey space, so they weren't necessarily breeding them. (As for boars and cattle, you kind of have to go out of your way to get them quickly enough to actually breed and often enough for you to have lots of them) I agree, though, that the breed quite slowly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Barry White.

But not eating them helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Vickers
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
The trick is to never eat sheep or donkeys. Why would you give up a point a piece for just one food? If you must eat animals, stick to Cattle, and sometimes boars.

Better yet, buy the furnishings that help you feed using your animals, like the one that reduces feeding costs for donkeys in ore mines, or the one that gives you food when your animals breed. Can't remember the names.

The Weaving parlour can be nice too, as it gives you a nice injection of food, as a reward for not eating all those tempting sheep earlier in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A.
msg tools
mb
My end goal is to use Mining Cave to reduce feeding costs and Breeding Cave to create food. I suppose it was naive of me to think I could get away with no farming at all. I shall look into Weaving Parlor. I will have to figure out a way to get sheep now. Rubies, adventure, or the sheep space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
The points lost to an uncleared forest are to large to ignore it completely. Like another similar game whistle, you must still balance growth across all aspects.

Mid-to-late "pumpkin" planting helps remove the stress from all those babies. Hey, I might name my farmer Peter....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.