Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I tried setting up a "rubber-band AI" for players that just sucked at rolling.

For 5 or less players we allowed the last place person to not lose points if they rolled an X after the first roll.

(On 6 player games) the last 2 players did not lose points on the roll of an X after the first roll.

This really didn't help the player win, but we found this made games MUCH closer and allowed players in last to be less afraid to go for broke, and if they retook the lead, they lost their point loss capability.

It worked really well for what we did over the Christmas holiday weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea to me... often in this game there is still someone at the starting line while a couple people are rounding the last couple corners to the finish. Never felt the need to house-rule though, since the game is so fast, but, will probably use this idea from now on.

I might even go one step further, and say not only does the last-place person not lose points on their second+ roll with an X, but they end their turn by placing that roll on the ladder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.