Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I tried the game for the second time yesterday with four survivors. Besides the missing components, wrong printed rules etc. everything went well.

Then the nemensis/boss came. He was half dead before he could react (6 hits alone with two (skill boosted) handgun shots). We slowed him down to 1 movement. He then moved on towards the next corner and had to walk through fire and destroyed rooms. Each dealing a shitload of damage but he reached a corner room. Our firefighter then ran to him, ignoring the fire and damaged rooms (skills) and pushed him via melee into the fires/destroyed rooms dealing additional damage -> victory.

It was way too easy. It is a strange victory as I somehow believe we did something wrong. Can't enjoy it. The manual says everyone not fireproof gets that damange and nowhere is stated that bosses are fireproof so I am confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Nemesis from the base game are immune to fire damage.

On page 17 of the revised rulebook, they explain the creature card. At the top right corner, there is a flame which they describe as follows:

"This fire icon indicates that the creature is fire-resistant, and it may pass through or occupy burning or destroyed tiles without being harmed."

I know it doesn't specifically say that it's the same for Nemesis but the iconography of Creature and Nemesis cards are the same except for special abilities.

All that means is that you'll need to go back in and fight the Darkness to get a legitimate win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget resetting the game, that narrative made for a great read. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn it, I knew it! Sadly the game has such a bad rulebook (even the revised one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThaDoc wrote:
Forget resetting the game, that narrative made for a great read. laugh

That's the beauty of this game. Each session provides such a fun and varied narrative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harlekin wrote:
Damn it, I knew it! Sadly the game has such a bad rulebook (even the revised one).

Sadly it does. Reading the rules queries threads on BGG helps provide a lot of clarity though. I've had many successful games (Not wins per say) using the original rulebook and reading David's clarification of rules on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.