Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Proton Rocket Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael H
msg tools
I was looking around and my search-fu is apparenty weak - Do Proton Rockets require you to SPEND a focus or simply HAVE a focus to use them?

Usually ordanence that uses target locks include the phrase "spend your target lock" as part of the cost. Even Blaster Turret says, "spend your focus". Proton Rockets do not say to spend a Focus, only that you have one. Does that mean you can spend the focus during the shot?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
headache62 wrote:
I was looking around and my search-fu is apparenty weak - Do Proton Rockets require you to SPEND a focus or simply HAVE a focus to use them?

Usually ordanence that uses target locks include the phrase "spend your target lock" as part of the cost. Even Blaster Turret says, "spend your focus". Proton Rockets do not say to spend a Focus, only that you have one. Does that mean you can spend the focus during the shot?

Thank you!

That's correct, you just have to have a focus, and you don't need to use it to fire them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
msg tools
That makes them even better. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. It's similar to the one or two missiles that require you to have a target lock, but you don't need to spend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
Correct. It's similar to the one or two missiles that require you to have a target lock, but you don't need to spend it.

I.E. Homing Missiles and Ion Pulse Missiles(I believe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had been playing that completely wrong if that was the case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.