Subject: sol heavy carriers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shezmaine
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Suppose you have an upgraded sol carrier carrying 8 fighters. It has sustain damage, and there are no other carriers in your fleet. In battle you assign the first hit to the carrier but you opponent plays direct hit.

So the fighters obviously die, but do they die immediately or after the battle is complete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balazs Toth
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to remove the remaining fighters after battle as they have no support. They stay until the end of battle and fire plus can be taken as casualties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, your fighters should be taking the damage first instead of your carrier. They're not expendable just... convenient. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThaDoc wrote:
In fact, your fighters should be taking the damage first instead of your carrier. They're not expendable just... convenient. devil

If the battle is close, it may be worth taking the chance that your opponent has no 'direct hit' card, and assigning the first hit to the carrier. It gives you more dice to roll for the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but unless you have Cybernetics or are the Naalu, Fighters hit on the same result as Carriers. Even with the extra bonus, until I'm running low on fighters I think I'd rather keep the Carrier alive unless I'm pretty sure it will die either way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
True, but unless you have Cybernetics or are the Naalu, Fighters hit on the same result as Carriers. Even with the extra bonus, until I'm running low on fighters I think I'd rather keep the Carrier alive unless I'm pretty sure it will die either way

A living (but damaged) carrier hits much better than a dead fighter, regardless of their bonuses.

Often, your opponent will not be holding a direct hit, particularly if you play with both expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
I removed the direct hit cards from my action card deck, I think it's a bad card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.