Hide
3 Posts

Axis & Allies Europe 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combined Fire one-to-one pairings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brave Sir Glen
msg tools
We are about to play first game and fell like we have a pretty good handle on the rules. I am long time player of A&A (original).

Combined fire is confusing me a little and I want to see if I understand it properly.

It says that there is a one-to-one pairing.

So lets say I have:

1 artillery, 3 infantry, 2 mechanized infantry

I pair the artillery to an infantry; does that mean it is only paired to 1 infantry (it fires at attack 2) and the other 2 infantry fires at 1, or does it mean that all three infantry fires at 2 and the one to one pairing is a pairing of unit types?

Also does the artillery still get to fire its attack at value or 1 or since it is paired doe sit not attack.

It would seem that only getting 1 die with a chance to hit on a 1 or 2 versus 2 die with chance to hit on a 1 is better odds but not a drastic change. Of course at the same time it would not seem to make sense that 1 artillery could support 10 infantry and give bonus to all of them.

So i figure it is a true one to one pairing of UNIT(not just unit type)but would still like to know if the both units get their attack with one of the units getting a bonus number.

Thanks for the help and if i missed it in the rules please let me know because I looked several times for a clear example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo B-D
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

you pair 1 artillery with 1 infantry.
The ari and inf have each a die with a chance to hit on a 2.
The 2 other inf and 2 mech inf have each a die with a chance to hit on a 1.
Therfore 2 diece with a 2, 4 dice with 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brave Sir Glen
msg tools
Thanks for the reply.

I am even more confused because the rule book says the infantry would shoot at attack of 2 but does not say that both the infantry and Artillery would shot at attack 2.

That is why I am confused I guess. It only really discusses the one to one pairing but has no examples of the results of the pairing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.