Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play a game of Stone Age using the Style expansion over the weekend.

This was our first time playing with that, and my wife tried out the "jewelry" strategy. She made it up the trade track in 4 rounds, I think, thanks to Civ cards.. and was at the 1 for 2 commodity level.

Later in the game, she was trading in one tooth for 2 gold to buy huts, and the vastly more experienced players were telling us that this was the correct thing to do..

BUT.. I have read the rules a bit further and now it seems to me that what SHOULD be happening is ..

"trade in a tooth for the OPPORTUNITY to trade say, a wood for 2 gold equivalents .. "

Which is the correct way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

I can say that if she was max on the trading track then a tooth or any other resource could be traded for the 2 gold to build a hut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is ..

is a tooth alone worth 2 gold.. or does it require a tooth + another resource to get the 2 gold..

mainly the thrust of the question is does the tooth by itself equal the new goods, or does the tooth "unlock" a 1 time beneficial swap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
porkuslime wrote:
The question is ..

is a tooth alone worth 2 gold.. or does it require a tooth + another resource to get the 2 gold..

mainly the thrust of the question is does the tooth by itself equal the new goods, or does the tooth "unlock" a 1 time beneficial swap
While trading, you can trade away a tooth, just like it was any other resource.

Plus, remember, teeth aren't anything special. You do get one whenever you move up the trading track, but you can also get them from hunting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
right.

We kinda understood them to be a resource equal to food... in that while it has no "purchase" power much, it IS a darn handy thing to have for interlocking with other purchases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls