Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First things first: I absolutely love Viticulture, and it has proven very popular with my group as well.

However, I’ve run into a couple of minor problems with storage: this game is huge once you get the expansion!

With Viticulture alone, I noticed that there was a lot of extra space in the box (a whole extra card well even with sleeved cards, and one of the other wells will hold the coins plus beads rather nicely, and there’s enough depth that you could put the Tuscany board in there with the base game as well). I was sort of hoping that Tuscany would be able to fit in that extra space, but it turns out there’s a lot more to Tuscany than I’d thought.

So, with that in mind: What are folks out there doing to manage the relatively insane amount of storage needed for the base game plus expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
Normally I would try an consolidate an expansion into the main game. As you said though that really isn't possible with Tuscany. If I hadn't splurged for the Collector's Edition with its awesome slipcase, I would have settled for just stacking the two boxes on top of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delthos wrote:
I would have settled for just stacking the two boxes on top of each other.

That’s what I’m doing for now, but it makes for a very tall stack to carry in to the FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
What you don't already bring a stack of multiple games to your game night? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delthos wrote:
What you don't already bring a stack of multiple games to your game night? whistle

Well of course, but Tuscany+Viticulture is the height of at least 3 normal-sized games. :-D I could be bringing Eclipse+Terra Mystical+Euphoria in the same stack-height as those two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed both inserts and successfully consolidated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A great storage solution is to get the collectors edition in the first place. Both boxes in a nice Wine crate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting myself from here:

andvaranaut wrote:
You can fit almost everything in the Tuscany box if you only carry one of the boards - actually, if you leave out the base board plus the Formaggio/Arboriculture mats the box closes perfectly (that's how I store mine), and adding the mats only adds a bit of height (enough to make it not quite fit the CE sleeve with the Viti box, sadly, but it's not really a problem otherwise). It makes for a pretty heavy box, but it's probably the best deal you can get on game density.

Even if you get everything in the Tuscany box, it'll only overflow about half an inch or so - also pretty easy to carry around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.