Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do pirates have to take fatigue equal to the entry square whenever they enter the ship from the water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Do pirates have to take fatigue equal to the entry square whenever they enter the ship from the water?

Yes, they do. Basically going from zero to whatever, so they go up by that amount (or that number minus one for Whitebeard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about

So if I move from a room with 3 on a die to a room with 1 on the die, I don't move the fatigue, correct?.....
And I will not fatigue either by moving from room to room without dice... Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
What about

So if I move from a room with 3 on a die to a room with 1 on the die, I don't move the fatigue, correct?.....
And I will not fatigue either by moving from room to room without dice... Correct?

Correct. You only Fatigue when you move from a room into a hotter room. You add whatever the difference between those 2 numbers is. So, if you go from a 1 to a 3 you would add 2 Fatigue, but if you go from a 3 to a 1 you don't add any.

Unless you are carrying Treasure. Then you are in Looting mode, and your Fatigue is nastier. In that case your Fatigue goes up equal to whatever the Fire Level in the room is that you're entering. So, going from a 1 to a 3 you would go up by 3. Going from a 3 to a 1, you would go up 1.

Make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two "enter the ship" questions.
1. I assume we are considered as entering the ship and thus take fatigue on the first turn of the game correct?
2. When I leave the ship to say drop off a treasure, may I re-enter at any open area on my next turn? Or must I go in the same way I went out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:
1. I assume we are considered as entering the ship and thus take fatigue on the first turn of the game correct?
2. When I leave the ship to say drop off a treasure, may I re-enter at any open area on my next turn? Or must I go in the same way I went out?

Pretty sure the answers are yes and yes
I think I read #1 on another thread and I think 2 is in the rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:

1- correct, you will have to move the dial for fatigue.... Unless you have a character skill or item card that will let you lower the fire die in the next room. So you would do that first, get it to nothing, then board ship.

2- you only have the main one until you play your last tile. On the last tile, THAT opening and that opening only, (if there is one facing away from the ship) would be your second exit that you can use. Yes, you may leave out of one and come in the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.