Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is there any limit to the number of Energize cards you can play in one turn?

2. Can a defending player retreat from an occupied space before a battle? If so, does the attacking player "win the battle"?

3. If you destroy an enemy unit with a plasma blast on a tile that is occupied with one enemy unit and one of your units (leaving only your unit), is that a battle victory and does your opponent get an energy card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teague Webb
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no official authority, but I've played it, so here's my take.

1. I would say not. Maybe there is something about cumulative effects of multiples of the same card, but otherwise we've played you can use as many as the situation dictates.

2. I'm assuming you mean it is the attacking player's turn. I would say the defnding player cannot retreat, as retreating is movement, which only occurs during a player's turn. This would render the second question moot.

3. The plasma blast, I believe, happens during the movement phase, not the battle phase. Therefore, no battle actually happens, so no victory point cards or energize cards.

I hope my thoughts are helpfull, or at least in line with whatever the "official" answers might be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
1. Is there any limit to the number of Energize cards you can play in one turn?

There is no limit. However, make sure you play them at the proper tim, i.e, Green cards before you move and red ones before, during or after dice rolling in combat.
By the way, you should recall that ANY player may play energy cards, not just the active player.

Quote:

2. Can a defending player retreat from an occupied space before a battle? If so, does the attacking player "win the battle"?

Not on the attacker's turn. If both players have units in the space after combat, the space is "contested" and no one would get an rubium if there is a mine there. On the other players turn, he may "retreat" by moving away from the contested space on his turn. Of course, the space is no longer contested; otherwise, if he stays, the combat must have another round fought.
Quote:

3. If you destroy an enemy unit with a plasma blast on a tile that is occupied with one enemy unit and one of your units (leaving only your unit), is that a battle victory and does your opponent get an energy card?

That is not a battle victory; plasma blast is a special attack during movement. There is a mission card which gives you a point/points(?) for roasting someone in this manner, but it is a white card, and you would play it on your turn, but your opponent gets no Energy card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.