Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade C.
United States
CAPE GIRARDEAU
MO - Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few days ago, flush with funds from Christmas and a year-end bonus, a board gamer--let's call him "Wade," for what other name evokes such images of heroism, virtue, and generally being a paragon of humanity?--walked into a game shop and, among other items, purchased a copy of Golem Arcana, a game he had long had his eye on and finally had the means to buy it. Indeed, he was most excited.

It is at this point that our story turns to tragedy, as stories like this often do. Upon opening the box, our hero was waylaid by despair. Of the six tiles in the base game, four had been assailed mightily around the corners, and the other two were missing completely. Whether they had succumbed to their grievous wounds, been purloined by some nefarious bandits, or had simply been left at the production facility, none could say for sure.

As if the box had been packed by Pandora herself, just as sorrow reached its nadir, a small glimmer of hope remained in the box: the contact info for the producer of these fine wares. Our plucky protagonist called out to them through the mail of G in hopes that the situation could be remedied. He was met with a missive explaining that no one would be in the office until the following week due to the holiday festivities. Sadness began to grow again.

But then, less than 12 hours later (outside of normal business hours and during a vacation, no less), the true hero of our tale--"Liz" the wizard of customer service--arose from the digital ether to proclaim, "Quail not. Verily, we shall dispatch replacement tiles anon."

TL;DR -- Harebrained Schemes has the best customer service I've ever encountered. I've never interacted with a company (board game or otherwise) where the customer service people would respond to customers outside of business hours, let alone while also on vacation. Add in the speed of the response and the ease of resolving the issue and they have secured my support for a long time.

Edit: autocorrect errors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Problems happen, but the HBS team works very hard to fix them. They take a lot of pride in Golem Arcana.

Glad to hear they made it right for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had a great customer service experience with HBS recently. I ordered two new elite units, and while both marked as shipped on the email I received, I only received one (picking slip only identified one). When I sent an email to CS, Liz also responded quickly (outside of normal business hours and right before holidays at that) and offered to mail me the unit from there office directly (only 20 miles away no less), because the webstore had inadvertently sold me a "sold out" unit. It arrived right before the holidays (not just before, RIGHT before). I was completely amazed and grateful, and they show superior service, if not a little workaholicism.

Go team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To counterpoint, I've had poor customer service.

I've had one card missing and my Valkali had no cards with it (which was how I understood it to be shipped). I emailed them and got a polite response back which said they would get on my cards. That was over a month ago and nothing has happened.

I made an order before Christmas for some stuff on their website. After a month, I email them and asked what's up. I got a polite response that said they would get right on that. So far, I've not heard back and have seen no further response such as a tracking number or anything.

So far, I'm not terribly impressed. Other than I love the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade C.
United States
CAPE GIRARDEAU
MO - Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's strange. They even followed up with me a few days later to make sure that the replacements had arrived (which they had). I don't really have enough experience with them as a company to offer any other suggestions than just emailing them again (which you already did). Sorry to hear your experience wasn't as good as mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:

I've had one card missing and my Valkali had no cards with it (which was how I understood it to be shipped). I emailed them and got a polite response back which said they would get on my cards. That was over a month ago and nothing has happened.

I made an order before Christmas for some stuff on their website. After a month, I email them and asked what's up. I got a polite response that said they would get right on that. So far, I've not heard back and have seen no further response such as a tracking number or anything.

Have you sent a recent follow up email? I think they got a little buried during the holidays, but I've been hearing people report very quick response times recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bidd Burton
msg tools
I will say they are good about customer service. I had a broken Devil Djinn out of the box, they replaced it after an email or two. I proceeded to order more expansions, and my Zikia pack was missing a relic card. They are already sending me another one. Good stuff from HBS.

Sad to note, but it is disappointing that so many packs have been coming to people jacked up, but at least they will make good on it.

Still a happy customer at the end of the day, and because they make good on it, I'm not worried about what I might get in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shephel wrote:
Sad to note, but it is disappointing that so many packs have been coming to people jacked up,

Sadly, it's generally what's expected coming out of China. But like you said, HBS takes care of its customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daskindt wrote:
Sarimrune wrote:

Have you sent a recent follow up email? I think they got a little buried during the holidays, but I've been hearing people report very quick response times recently.

I did follow up recently and received my order. I've not yet received my replacement/missing cards from a previous request (now requested twice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HBS has finally sent my missing cards. They were always very polite but this time, they shipped it with a tracking number. It's arrived and life is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same situation. Eventually, I got the figure ordered online and all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.