Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be an interesting way to mix the game up a bit.

Before the game, set the Pyramids aside face up and then shuffle all remaining heroes and wonders together. Draw 2 x number of players cards and set them face up. These and the Pyramids are the only available heroes/wonders. When you build a hero or wonder, you also select one of the remaining ones to discard out of the game. Then draw two random replacements.

I think this could be a pretty cool variant. Rather than people always going after the same heroes and wonders, it might bring a bit more variability into the game. The discard element lets you get rid of wonders that would particularly benefit certain enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Y
United States
oakland
California
flag msg tools
mb
SO . . . we thought we'd try out this varient and everyone loves it. It's also really usful for new player who are sometime lost in the number of possible heroes to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laufle
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
designer
I enjoy games about Stalingrad
mbmbmbmbmb
This variant or similar ones works fantastic. We have been playing under the option that each player draws 5 cards from the stack and then picks one when they want to build a wonder or hero. (Pyramid is of course always available and off to the side) This speeds up the game greatly, especially for new players and prevents slower power players from 'maximizing' their choices of cards from the entire deck and trying to play an ultimate strategy for each nation. I like the drafting idea where the choices are public and will try that in the future. Either way it's better to add a little random variation to the game and speed play significantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.