Subject: GT2 Tactical Surprise Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
GT2: weather is clear and the PRC has the initiative. The PRC rolls a 00 for its random event and due to collateral damage loses 2 victory points. The ROC rolls a 85 and gets 5th Column allowing the Chinese to conduct a free SOF raid at -2. The raid reduces the ROC detection track to 0 again. Neither side gets any success in the electronic detection phase.

1st SOF Phase: all Chinese SOF units try to target various enemy units for possible strikes. Two armor brigades are targeted. All SOF units survive.

Air/Naval Phase: during the air battles the PRC loses two J-7 units while the ROC loses a Mirage and a F-16. Seven PRC units are aborted while three Allied units are aborted. The PRC still is able to maintain Air Advantage and the PRC AWACS goes to 3.
In Sea Control the Allies gain the East China Sea for a brief moment while China gains control of the Taiwan Straights, Spratley Islands, Ryukyu Islands, Central Approaches, and the East China Sea. The Taiwan In Shore is also gained. The Paracels are contested. The Chinese were rolling hot!
In Naval Detection a PRC SAG and Amphib are area detected. The U.S. CVN is also area detected even after gaining a positive die modifier from cyber warfare.
The mine in hex 1415 is removed by Chinese mine sweepers.

2nd SOF Phase: the U.S. And Japanese SOF units target the Chinese cruise missiles destroying one. The Japanese unit is eliminated. The three ROC SOF units target the Chinese detection track reducing it by one and losing one unit.

1st Strike Phase: the PRC launches six cruise missiles; three at airbases and three at the U.S. CVN. The three airbases are all missed and the three targeting the CVN are destroyed by CIWS! The U.S. launches a cruise missile at the detected Amphib on supply duty causing a S1 result. Two Chinese air strikes try to target the armor brigades that were targeted by the SOF units but both are aborted by AAA fire.

1st Supply Phase: the Chinese 45ABD is OOS at Zuoying Airbase and emergency re supply fails.

Initiative Move and Combat Phase: the Chinese rebase their helicopters to Hunei Airbase while the 1AMID continues to reinforce the beachhead. Three regiments of the 43ABD are moved to Yancheo from Penghu Island. The 44ABD supported by five battalions of marine units storms the urban center of Tainan forcing the defenders to retreat with heavy casualties. Tainan is under a clearing marker. The city of Zuoying is attacked by units of the 1AMID and some marine troops. The defenders are forced to retreat and clearing ops begin.

In Elite Reaction the ROC side has nothing to move.

In Expoitation Chinese airborne troopers move into Kaohsiung (hex 1613) and begin clearing ops. No attacks are made.

In the reaction step the ROC defenders continue to shore up the river line north of Tainan while trying to send units to cover the east of Kaohsiung. No attacks are made.

2nd Strike Phase: the PRC launches five more missiles. Two target airbases causing a S2 result at Hsinchu but no collateral damage. Three missiles target the U.S. CVN. Two are destroyed by CIWS but one makes it through causing a S1 result. The U.S. launches a missile attack against the beachhead but miss.

2nd Supply Phase: the 45ABD is back in supply.

Basic Move and Combat Phase: the Chinese continue to expand the beachhead capturing the towns of Ligang and Cishan and the Neikang Airfield. No combats as too many units are conducting clearing operations.
Reaction Move: the ROC continue to move units to the invasion area and are trying to sort out the various defenders so attacks can be made. The Japanese SAG tries to move into the Central Approaches but is aborted while the U.S. CVN moves to Guam so the strike result can be removed. No attacks are conducted due to negative multi unit modifiers.

Reorganization Phase: China repairs two air units and receives an infantry brigade and the 124AMID. The Allies rebuild a U.S. F-16 unit. The ROC receive two reserve infantry brigades. One is placed in Pingdong to assist the 8th Corps defenders while the other is placed inSu-ao Port. In the Clearing Ops step Zuoying City and the urban center of Kaohsiung (1613) are captured. Tainan however is not and has a clearing marker of 5 on it. China gains 17 VP's this turn while the ROC gains 5. China will maintain the initiative next turn.

Victory Point totals are China 86 and the Allies 34.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Losing Tainan (captured or not) is going to hurt as that opens up that Port for reinforcements.

Edit: Just remember that capacity is limited (8.3.1.9) which is why taking that big port in Kaohsiung is such a priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Tainan is the most important hex in the invasion zone, other than the actual port, at least in my opinion. Plus it is a great hex to anchor the defense on. And it's two stacking points per turn at the port. With the beachhead the Chinese should be able to get the other amphibious mech division into the invasion this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It'll be interesting to see how well the ROC can respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what was the UN Resolution roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
I rolled a 2 with a +1 DRM for a 3 total. With Japan at level 3 they have a +0 resolution and America at level 2 is +1. I need to read my notes a bit better....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BooBoo130 wrote:
I rolled a 2 with a +1 DRM for a 3 total. With Japan at level 3 they have a +0 resolution and America at level 2 is +1. I need to read my notes a bit better....

Ha, no worries. Just don't forget about the UN Mandate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan in getting the next turn done by Tuesday at the latest. I'm up to the air superiority phase but had to stop to go back to work.

I did pick up kindle book called Dragon Storm for $0.99 which is about a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. On chapter four and it's pretty good so far. I wish there were some maps though...

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.