Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got the game.

The Sabre Battlesuit has an Ongoing Defense +1. Now the rules say that means the ability is on all the time, but also an ability can only be used once per turn. So how often can Baron Blade use the Defense +1? Once against each attack? or once for each Turn? or once for each of Baron Blade's turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the final rulebook in my possession at this time.

There are Inherent Abilities and Actions.

Abilities are ongoing effects that don't require an Action to activate. They are always active (such as the +1 Defense of the Battlesuit) though some have additional limitations which are part of their text (For the first attack, such as Wraiths ability).
The Actions (Move,Dodge, Aim and Special Actions (those showing the icon that indicate it requires an action to activate) can only be activated once per turn (unless they are Unlimited).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Booth
United States
California
flag msg tools
Agreed. Since it's Ongoing, the +1 Defense is in effect as long as that card is in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william braun
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
And do I understand that this ability is a +1 dice rolled when defending and NOT a Defense +1 token that he gains every time? I played the first scenario last night and my Nephew was playing Baron Blade and was continually adding a Defense +1 token each time it was his turn. After the game ended, I looked on the Sabre Battlesuit card and compared it to other cards in the game that specify 'token'. I'm thinking we were playing his ability incorrectly. As a side note, he won the game with ease against my playing as The Wraith and Legacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it adds a die, not a token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.