Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
My name is Adam Rehberg and I am a hobbyist game designer newer to the board game hobby. I was super fortunate to have one of my games "Brewin' USA" selected as a 2014 finalist to the Cards Against Humanity Tabletop Deathmatch which is a game design contest for indies. The contest was great motivation for me to continue this dream. Since the contest, I have been very focused on improving my game and taking it to the next level.

I have finished putting together a high quality Print and Play version of Brewin' USA and I wanted to share it with the community for free. Here is a link to the file www.brewinusa.com/merry-xmas-pnp.

As a special treat, I will be shipping One Pre-Production Copy of the Game to anybody who has downloaded the Print and Play file.

The Game:

You are an aspiring Craft Beer Entrepreneur during the inception of the Microbrew Revolution. You are competing with others for key Ingredients to Launch a Craft Beer product line that will control Microbrew hotspot locations and may need to win occasional Brewfests to accomplish this goal.

2-5 Players : < 60 minutes

The Mechanics
*Simultaneous Auction
*Hand Management
*Modular Board
*Area Control

Design Goals
I wanted to make something meaty enough for the hobby gamer crowd, yet quick and approachable to help introduce hobby gaming to new people. There is randomness in the game that is purposefully paired up with player decision to allow everybody to be competitive and strategic right from beginning to end.

Thanks in advance for any support and I am looking forward to any feedback. Also feel free to post a PnP that you released and we can trade feedback.

Again here is the link to the PnP. www.brewinusa.com/merry-xmas-pnp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First! And maybe first to download as well? Does that mean I win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest and comment Daniel! Hopefully you will win but either way, you are a winner in my book. I will drawing from the emails at the end of next week for the full copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Urgo
United States
Wanaque
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beer, boardgames and free...3 of my favorite things.

downloaded and looking forward to trying it out...thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the download!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron O'Reilly
Australia
Beachmere
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, getting the files now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Huabear wrote:
Looks great, getting the files now!

Thanks! Let me know if you have a chance to play and if you have any feedback on the game .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
buffburgo wrote:
beer, boardgames and free...3 of my favorite things.

downloaded and looking forward to trying it out...thanks!

Bump to this! Let me know if you have a chance to play and if you have any feedback. I am a hobbyist homebrewer as well and tried to put a lot of that background into the game. If only I could make the cards smell like hops .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron O'Reilly
Australia
Beachmere
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it alright to make a Tabletop Simulator mod to test this with? Wouldn't be uploaded to workshop without permission, can share you the save file instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Huabear wrote:
Is it alright to make a Tabletop Simulator mod to test this with? Wouldn't be uploaded to workshop without permission, can share you the save file instead.

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the question! I have actually uploaded this into to Tabletop Simulator myself . I have no problem if you upload for yourself and your close nit group, but please don't post as a public mod as things may still be tweaked or changed with some game components and I want to control what the mod contains. However, I am super excited to announce that I am running the first TTS playtest this Thursday. I plan on hosting a TTS game night each Thursday going forward for people that are interested in the game, and if we can drum up enough interest then releasing the mod free to everybody .

Check out the game this Thursday at 8:00pm Central where I'll be playing with some close friends and streaming via twitch. I will open this up to everybody if things go really well. I also have a few TTS keys I'll be giving away to people watching or following the event via twitch.

FYI for Thursday 1/8/2014: We might be playtesting some tweaks to the auction mechanics. I've already had some feedback from people about auction mechanics and making sure they are not overly polarizing with players and game results.

More about this event here: http://brewinusa.com/brewin-usa-on-tabletop-simulator/

Stream will be here: http://www.twitch.tv/adamsapplegames

Thanks for awesome comment and I love where your head is at .

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron O'Reilly
Australia
Beachmere
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool stuff, I'll try and watch it and hopefully can get a game in. Pretty sure that's around Midday for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fibonacci Squared
msg tools
Nice as a homebrewer and gamer, I dig it. Will print this up and try to give some feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
fibonaccisquared wrote:
Nice as a homebrewer and gamer, I dig it. Will print this up and try to give some feedback.
Awesome thanks! I would love to hear feedback if you do play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beyer
United States
Otsego
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded and looking to play this weekend - thanks! Hope I win the prize!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jenga_54 wrote:
Downloaded and looking to play this weekend - thanks! Hope I win the prize!

Awesome! Me too !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hibbs
United States
Winfield
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great-looking game. My brother and dad are hobby brewers, so I'll share with them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Tampa Bay Area
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the download, Adam!

Probably too late for your drawing, but I am happy to try this out and give feedback. My wife has editing experience and a personal pet peeve regarding ambiguity in rules or instructions. If you want it I'm sure she she would give feedback on that.

Carl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
redfish_bluefish wrote:
Thanks for the download, Adam!

Probably too late for your drawing, but I am happy to try this out and give feedback. My wife has editing experience and a personal pet peeve regarding ambiguity in rules or instructions. If you want it I'm sure she she would give feedback on that.

Carl

Carl - Thanks for downloading and I followed up on your note on instructions feedback via mail. We did hold the drawing for the game and Austin in Washington was the lucky winner.

More to come and I should have one more pre-production copy to give away before launching this onto KS.

Thanks again!

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Tampa Bay Area
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! It looks like you really are approaching this seriously and trying to ensure that everything is lined up for success before launching you KS.

Good luck!
Carl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the files! I just got the files and I'd like to print everything out in the next few days and give it a try.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.