Splendor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tokens - Drawing two rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Koor

Missouri
msg tools
mb
I just discovered that we might have been playing wrong. If you draw two tokens from a stack of four, do you still get to draw a 3rd token of a different color?

We'd been under the impression that you sacrificed a token in order to double up on one specific color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kooreth wrote:
I just discovered that we might have been playing wrong. If you draw two tokens from a stack of four, do you still get to draw a 3rd token of a different color?

We'd been under the impression that you sacrificed a token in order to double up on one specific color.
You have been playing correctly; you either draw 3 (all of different colors) or 2 (of the same color).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Koor

Missouri
msg tools
mb
Ok, good. Thanks! Then a few others that were speaking of it were wrong. That same group enlightened me that when you take a gold token and a reserve card that that can be from the face up cards and not just the face down decks, is that also false?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kooreth wrote:
when you take a gold token and a reserve card that that can be from the face up cards and not just the face down decks

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kooreth wrote:

Nope, you've been playing correct - you take either 2 of the same colour to monopolise, or 3 from different colours for variety.

Kooreth wrote:
That same group enlightened me that when you take a gold token and a reserve card that that can be from the face up cards and not just the face down decks, is that also false?

Nope, this is also correct - your option aren't limited to what's face up on the board / top
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Koor

Missouri
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.