Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Bennett
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a silly question about this, but I can't get a clear answer and the ability has to many key words that lead to the wrong question when i search for it.

When you defend and do damage, lets say I get 3 crits...So I am going to do 3 wounds to the attacker, Does the attacker get to roll there defense dice to avoid that damage?
I been playing it that they get to roll there defense as if I'm attacking them. It seems far. It feels way powerful if they don't role. But I feel like rolling crits are hard as it is..However if they do role defense it seems to weak..I can go either way.

Arcadia Quest has been out long enough that I am surprised they have not created a FAQ on there own sight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Defense is only rolled in response to an attack. If an effect "deals a Wound", no Defense is rolled, you just deal the Wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bennett
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, i figured.

Also i see the rules call your successful rolls at a number of attacks not wounds....its only after the defense is rolled that you get wounds.....anyhow, i get it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Nevermind, my question was answered on this forum earlier.

An additional question about Spike's ability:

Does Spike roll Defense dice regardless of whether the Attack roll against him didn't score any hits? If I understood the rulebook correctly, I think he does. So it would be possible for Spike to kill an attacker with the crits he rolled on his Defense roll, even if the Attack roll didn't cause any wounds on Spike, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.