Jason D. Kingsley
United States
Siloam Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With permission from TerraNovaGames, I am excited to share that a new online Ophir is here! The game is now available on a private, web-based platform with the final game artwork. meeple

For those who have played Ophir online previously, there are a number of improvements including:

1. Final game artwork and components
2. A fixed, non-editable playing surface
3. Card shuffling
4. In-game dice rolls and adjustments
5. Quick access to the rulebook

For those interested in playing Ophir online, simply express interest and a preferred way to get in touch. From there, you will be provided with a gameplay link, making it easy to share, coordinate, and play with friends. The link will lead players to a login screen where you can enter a player name (the password field can be left blank; no further registration or information is required). Players can connect via audio or video chat; we recommend Vylo, a free web-based voice chat site for gamers. We can provide a link or you can easily make your own to share!

To summarize:
Express interest and invite friends!
You'll receive a sharable game and audio link
Coordinate a gameplay time
Login with any username (no password)
Have fun!

As always, I am willing to play, teach, or facilitate games. Remember, Ophir is 1-4 Players and has a 2v2 team variant! To receive a gameplay link for Ophir, you can reach me via geekmail, on twitter (@jasondkingsley), or over email at playophir[at]gamil.com. Let us know if you have any questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh! This could be cool. I may give you a holler after the holidays, Jason! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Forbes
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got finished playing a game with Jason and another Kickstarter backer like myself for a 3-player game. The game plays great with 3, as it did with 2 when I played before with Jason. There's a nice mix of tension and choices to the game. The mechanics are simple but lend themselves to really developing a strategy either based on your own character's abilities, or to thwart those of your opponent's. While I came in 3rd, I still felt like I had a chance to pull out a win right up until the end and a few dice rolls in my favor might have changed the scores a bit.

We then were shown how to play the game solo and that was also a blast. I could see myself playing the solo version a lot. By sheer luck, I was handed an almost OP setup between the character I was able to choose and the random setup of the board. Frankly, I crushed the AI opponent and can only hope to come close to that score in future attempts.

I highly recommend not only contacting Jason to get in on the online preview of the game but making sure you keep Ophir on your radar when it's released. I can't wait to receive my copy and get the gorgeous artwork and components onto my table to play with my gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any future plans for an online playable version of Ophir on http://en.boardgamearena.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.