United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm headed off to Archon soon, a local gaming convention here in St. Louis. Surprisingly, despite having lived in St. Louis for nearly 12 years now, this will be the first time I've attended Archon -- and I'm really looking forward to it.

As a favor to Joseph Goodman of Goodman Games (who gave me my big writing break to write D&D modules for his great Dungeon Crawl Classics line) I'm running several sessions of A Question of Morels, a scenario I wrote for DCC #29 - The Adventure Begins. It's about an herbalist in need of some rare mushrooms to brew his potions, but -- surprise, surprise -- things don't quite go as planned.

I'm also running several sessions of A Crash Course in Cthulhu, an introductory scenario for Call of Cthulhu which I've run nearly a dozen times, and always have a blast. I've written detailed backstories for all the pregenerated investigators, so they each have motivations to tie them into the clues and plot hooks that come up. And each character has one reason to like/trust one of the other characters, and a reason to dislike/distrust another. It's a great time.

I'm hoping this will help satisfy my craving for RPG gaming, or it may be just a tiny taste which turns my craving into a ravenous hunger. Either would be fine with me. Hopefully I'll also be able to get some boardgaming in over the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be wearing my custom name badge featuring my BoardGameGeek username Ynnen and my avatar. If you are attending Archon and bump into me, say hi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jason - Got a date picked for Geekway yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in St. Louis and had no idea about Archon. I'll start digging for info on it. Do you have a link?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it. Too bad it's in Collinsville. If it were on the Missouri side, I'd probably be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending where in St Louis you are at, Collisville might only be 40-45 minutes away.

Is Archon primarily RPG? or will there be a fair amount of board gaming going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darden
United States
Lake Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that its pretty light on board gaming.. which is why the majority of boardgamers here in STL aren't going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.