Popular Tags: [View All]
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are there 2 objectives on the field?

The scenario makes no mention of a secondary objective.

Why are we told to set aside the 10 VP objective? How is it used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One tile is the objective, to the left right from American side, the other is a bonus tile. The bonus tile gives a bonus to the side that acquires it at the end of the supply phase, provided the other side has no adjacent unit. The 10 vp tile doesn't exist in the core game, so if you download the corrected scenario book, it is not mentioned. The rules for bonus tiles are in the front of the scenario book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Dudley
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In studying the scenario I believe the objective is represented by the secondary objective tile (the yellow X) and the tile with the image of a wooden crate is the bonus tactic obtainable as a bonus in the scenario, though that is far from clear in the text. That would mean the scenario's primary objective (seems they should have shown a red X tile) is to the right as you view the board from the American side, not to the left. Or, as you look at page 5 of the scenario book, it is at the bottom of the battlefield. However, as is well documented, this excellent game struggles with print errors and poor translation from the native French language so, in the end, it's anyone's guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you are right. I was probably drunk when I posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Tolman
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis is right on this. This is part of the terminology of the game. The objective marker is the yellow one on the left of the German side, right on the American side. This is an OBJECTIVE or goal of the game. The other marker is a bonus "tactic" or tile and they are, indeed, listed at the front of the scenario book even though I couldn't find it earlier today!
So the big heavy battle is around the objective, although some may send some units to try and collect the bonus for any advantage it may give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.