Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to the game and have a question about zombie movement.

In Mission 1, we opened the door to the large L-shaped building across from the start area and were cleaning out the building. All survivors were in the corner of the building and we had cleaned it of zombies. All zombies are in the streets and of course the room we are in is the nosiest zone so they all want to come here. There is a door outside of our room, but we have not opened it - the only way to enter the building is to travel up the street around the building.

Do the zombies congregate outside the door, or start the long walk around the building? I believe in reading the rules, they would always choose a path with open doors, however long, and only go towards the closed door if there were no open paths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:

Do the zombies congregate outside the door, or start the long walk around the building? I believe in reading the rules, they would always choose a path with open doors, however long, and only go towards the closed door if there were no open paths.

I believe this is correct. From the FAQ

"If all paths to the Survivors are blocked (because the Zombie spawned inside a locked building, a Survivor used the Lock It Down Skill, etc), then the Zombie follows the shortest route to the noisiest Zone as if all doors were opened, though locked doors still stop it. Note that if the Zombie can reach a Survivor in a less noisy Zone, it will do that
instead."

The last sentence from the FAQ makes me wonder if Zombies had no open paths to the noisiest zone, but did have a path but no line of sight to a survivor with ninja, if they would still start moving towards that survivor. Considering that you'd need the lock it down skill to make that scenario happen, and no official survivor has that skill, it's a moot question, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.