Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Being sent to backers within a matter of weeks, according to Columbia Games.

Can't wait to start playing it and read about others doing the same!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Total randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
And there was much rejoicing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great News indeed! So where can i find my backer number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite all the nitpicking and impatience we geeks have shown here, from kickstart to finish will be less than a year. That's fast work on a complex game of many moving parts, and I believe Columbia Games is to be commended for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall see if the numerous (albeit minor) issues that were brought up on the KS site were addressed before commendations are deemed warranted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree. I'm nervous about what it will look and play like, frankly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:

Well, they've shown us what it looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
GA Jim wrote:

We've seen a LOT of little tweaks and changes in the last few months. Who knows what went into the final product, and why? Any one could turn a great game into a turkey without proper and systematic testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealth7 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
GA Jim wrote:

We've seen a LOT of little tweaks and changes in the last few months. Who knows what went into the final product, and why? Any one could turn a great game into a turkey without proper and systematic testing.

Well the post I quoted separated looks and function

At the very least it will be a pretty turkey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas captured what I was getting at: there have been a lot of changes in both the appearance and game play (i.e., rules), more than I’m used to seeing with respect to other games I’ve purchased and this is my first Columbia Games game, so I am a bit nervous. I am hoping for the best, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any official Columboa games' announcement to be found anywhere confirming this? I backed the KS (though I paid directly using paypal), but haven't heard anything for I guess at least half a year from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Total randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
boersma8 wrote:
Is there any official Columboa games' announcement to be found anywhere confirming this? I backed the KS (though I paid directly using paypal), but haven't heard anything for I guess at least half a year from them.

Here is the most recent KS update from Columbia Games confirming shipment this month.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/columbiagames/victory-i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boersma8 wrote:

Check your spam.

Or I just made it up to troll people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
boersma8 wrote:

Check your spam.

Or I just made it up to troll people.

OK. Thanks. I'll check my spam folder. Of course I never meant to imply the information given here wasn't accurate. Was just wondering if there was any additional information provided in any official announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9 days to go and no news, or confirmation of End of Month shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Germany
Hannover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is a repring of my comment from Kickstarter:

I am getting exited as well. But I do not get concerned, doing some over the thumb calculation.

Tom had posted on the 31st of December that they expect the final parts to arrive in early January. Since everybody needs to cope with the New Year hangover their own way, I assume that this has happended between the 7th and 12th of January.

Tom also mentioned that packing of this kickstarter will be monster. And with some 765 backers (not counting the ones that have jumped on board after the kickstarter officially ended) I agree.

If I conservativley estimate that packing each unit will take some 10 minutes including double checking (and we want them to double check for address typos and complete contents, don't we) we are talking about some 120h of workload.

As it is being posted on several forums on BGG, Columbia Games is esentially a 2-3 men/women operation, thus the 120h workload would translate into a complete working week for the entire staff, if they would close their operation (which I assume that they don't). They will still answer the phone/email, organize their regular shipments, etc.

Thus I would expect to have the kickstarter ready for bulck shipment at the end of this week at the earliest. And I would advise them not to announce a shipment date before they actually ship, otherwise the forums will be full of trolls complaining that they haven't got it yet. And this is still in the timeframe of Toms latest update, where he stated that the kickstarter will ship within January.

Again I can understand to be exited that this kickstarter is coming to an end finally, but we all want it to be as good as possible (and with complete contents and delivered to the correct address). So please stay patient (I need to tell me that each morning shaving).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Probably then , to think in Patience terms of MID-FEBRUARY cool

Update END of February !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.