Hide
4 Posts

Antike II» Forums » Variants

Subject: the "Concordia"-Variant ?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
harald68 harald68
msg tools
the former thread brought me to the idea to replace the rondel with cards (as in Concordia)

so everyone will get their own eight cards (corresponding to the actions on the rondel) and is free to play the action as one wants to.

one is also free to take all his cards back in his hand as he likes, but if you have more than two unused cards you´ll have to pay one resource for the third, fourth, etc. card.

e.g: you start with 8 cards and want to play "aurum" twice, so you´ll have to pay 5 resources for the second time ( = 7 cards left minus 2 - resp. the same, when you choose the same action twice on the rondel)

(but of course it would now be possible to play "aurum" as sixth action, then take all your cards back and again play "aurum" for free)

i have not tried this out yet, but what do you think about this variant ?

plus, it would be possible to ad a rule to the ballonia-card.

now it is to easy possible to "block" this card for a long time, just by not playing "militia".

in "Navegador" you have to pass the card after one round of not using it, something like this i am missing in 'Antike II".

so, whenever you hold the ballonia-card at the beginning of your eight cards, and you are not using it until you again take back your cards, you´ll have to pass it to the next player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this variant worked I would buy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea, bit keep in mimd this will change the game a lot and might be imbalanced in some way. The order of the actions on the rondel is not arbitrary.
e.g. if you just build new (iron) temples, you can't go on iron production the next turn except if you pay a lot of extra ressources.
Also if you went on scientia to increase your movement range of your troops, you can't cheaply produce units the next turn already. So there is some delay in launching surprise army attacks icluded in the rondel and I think this is to some purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harald68 harald68
msg tools
after three Testings
the game-play with cards worked very well and felt fine - but i dare not to say, whether the balancing of the game changes much or not by replacing the rondell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.