Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
Basari - two games got played of this tonight! The first game saw Bonnie, Toby, Wendy and I battle it out for jewel supremacy.

This was Wendy’s first game of Basari - the other 3 of us were veterans.

I tried something a little different in the final round. Since I had a fairly substantial lead at the end of the 2nd round, I decided to mostly choose the 4-5-6-7 tile each time in the 3rd round, the one that lets you advance your point-marker the equivalent number of spaces where your man is.

And it almost worked too. Unfortunately, I double-bluffed myself once (thinking at least one of the others would try the 4-5-6-7 tile too) and went with the die-tile. Unfortunately, both Bonnie and Wendy also went for the die-tile too, so none of us got to do anything! Since Toby took the jewel-tile, if I had taken the 4-5-6-7 tile that turn, I would have won the game (given how the scores turned out below).

I was giving away jewels to win ties to get the 4-5-6-7 tile whenever I could. But it cost me in the end. Both Bonnie and I had scored 74 points at the end of the game. But Bonnie had a bunch of jewels left and I only had a couple of jewels. And in a tie, the player with the most jewels left breaks the tie. So Bonnie won.

I should mention that Toby was the gem-meister in this game. He had a HUGE collection of jewels at the end of the game. But of course, once you have the majority in any particular color, any extra jewels don’t add to your score - so point-wise, they’re worthless. But Toby got them anyhow!

Final scores:
Bonnie - *74* (breaks tie with more jewels)
Dan - 74
Wendy - 69
Toby - 47

Ratings:
Bonnie - 9
Wendy - 8
Dan - 8
Toby - 7

In the 2nd game, Claire and Andrew went up against the veteran tag-team of Toby and Bonnie again. All we know about this game is that Bonnie won. Anything else you want to know is a secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.