United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy 2015!

is on my table now - re-reading the rules, preparing for some solo play.

Subscribing to the announcement list will make sure you are notified each month: Rulebooks on your Table Subscription Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
now retired so time for more gaming!
badge
Alumini of Dogwarts University - Double First : Engineering for Dogs
mbmbmbmbmb

Happy New Year fellow grogs

reading in preparation for a Vassal game with my Yorkshire opponent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

also reading up on this one

in case we go with this rather than Holdfast: Russia 1941-42 as our next Vassal game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United States
Huron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Trying to wrap my head around the rules to Whistling Death and Achtung! Spitfire!; going to back up a bit and try to master this entry level rule set so the doors to Air Combat Goodness can swing open more easily!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Kenneth Deal WW 2 Belgium 1944/45
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that this had a Vassal module made for it. I had this game back in the 80's and tried to play it several times but couldn't get into it.

Since the rules are posted with the game (my physical copy is long gone), I think I will give it another go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two on the table right now...

Great War at Sea: 1904-1905, The Russo-Japanese War, which Dan and I are currently exploring.

And

Kursk: History's Greatest Tank Battle, July 1943, which I'm preparing for a solo run in anticipation of potentially running a face to face match later on versus either Dan or Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb

Christmas present. Ready to see how it plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Thornley
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not on my table yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting ASLSK#1 which is wending its way to me at this very moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have owned

for a long time, but have yet to bring it to the table. I figure now is a good time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amateurs to Arms!

The rules are a bit foggy and couple that with the beautiful map that doesn't facilitate play, we'll, I've got some work ahead of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
buffmeister wrote:

Happy New Year fellow grogs

reading in preparation for a Vassal game with my Yorkshire opponent

I just added version 2.1 out on VassalEngine today. Be sure both of you get it before playing:

Link to module

I added a couple of small automated features. When you select one of your own units for attack, it will automatically unmask the unit, saving you a step. When you select a unit as the target, it will unmask the target if your opponent gave you the ability to unmask his pieces (under File-->Preferences).

After the battle, when you click the "End Battle" button, it will automatically mask your participating units (never mask your opponents pieces).

As typical for my designs, when I find something annoying that makes me say, "the module should be doing this for me," then I set out to update the module. When Rob and I played the last game, I loved all of the 2.0 enhancements, but this part still annoyed me (having to select each unit for "attack" and then go back and unmask all of those units."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Thornley
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, and The Hunters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Want to give the Battles of the American Revolution series a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Leary
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eltorosailor wrote:
Amateurs to Arms!

The rules are a bit foggy and couple that with the beautiful map that doesn't facilitate play, we'll, I've got some work ahead of me.

Richard- Greetings... not sure if you play any vassal/pbem, but if you are interested in an Amateurs to Arms "learning" match, I'd definitely be up for adding one to my current dance card. The rules are a bit obtuse, but the learning curve is not too steep once you're into the game a bit.

I've worked through the basic ropes on it with a half-dozen or so grognards over the past year... I learned several games thanks to the kind assistance of fellow wargamers, and am happy when I get the chance to pay that forward.

Either way, you're likely in for a treat... AtA is a great game, and worth the effort to dive into...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Leary
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebooks I'm working through this month (each photocopied and in my laptop bag):

-Legion of Honor: I'm a huge fan of The Duellists, and this package drips with theme... plus, it is rumored to handle solitaire pretty well.

-Clash of Monarchs: One of the two "big" 17th-19th century CDG wargames I've not yet played... I'll hopefully be looking for a pbem/vassal game some time in the next month or two.

-Unhappy King Charles: The other "big" CDG I've not played, much to my chagrin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just added version 2.1 out on VassalEngine today. Be sure both of you get it before playing:

Link to module

I added a couple of small automated features. When you select one of your own units for attack, it will automatically unmask the unit, saving you a step. When you select a unit as the target, it will unmask the target if your opponent gave you the ability to unmask his pieces (under File-->Preferences).

After the battle, when you click the "End Battle" button, it will automatically mask your participating units (never mask your opponents pieces).

As typical for my designs, when I find something annoying that makes me say, "the module should be doing this for me," then I set out to update the module. When Rob and I played the last game, I loved all of the 2.0 enhancements, but this part still annoyed me (having to select each unit for "attack" and then go back and unmask all of those units."

thanks Judd, your efforts are much appreciated

regards
iain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
Still looking over Sturm Nach Osten as I finish a 1943 campaign in the PTO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This after it being on the shelf for a while. I hope I am not missing anything (chits, cards or otherwise).

I have some days off so this will be it for Jan.

I am also looking to read whatever updates there are for The Hunters from 1st edition to 2nd edition. Anyone know if those have been posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Reading this now, though due to the fact that I've given up my games room (it hurt boxing up a good portion of my collection) because we've taken on a student tenant for the next 5 months means I'm re-reading this more for the sake of interest as opposed to reading it in prep for an upcoming game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Reading the rules right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb

This will be my first COIN system game. I'll probably be playing it solo, at least the first couple of times. There's some local gamers that like the COIN system, so I might be able to get a 4 player game in.

I've wanted to get this block game to the table for a couple of years. I've got a friend interested in it. Now to see if we can make the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher

Literally all over my table as we finish writing and editing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
There are two kinds of ships: Submarines, and Targets.
mbmbmbmbmb

Just picked this up off pre-order. Been a while since I played a modern war game. Back in the 80s/90s I enjoyed Victory Games' Fleet series. Hope this is just as fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur with Val! I am reading this one (FAB Bulge)as well!

Not certain how to add a picture of the game box like everyone else is doing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Munk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to make my first foray in the Musket & Pike series with Under the Lily Banners

The rule book isn't exceptionally long and seems pretty well organized. I'm going to give them another read through before next Wednesday when Bill and I set this up and give it a go. I'm sure I'll be referencing the rules quite a bit to sort out the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.