Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I like to both record my plays and look back and what I played over the year. Sometimes it surprises me.

Dimes:
42 Coloretto - One of daughter's favorites, quick, and owned it all year so it saw the table a bunch.
25 Werewolf - One of the downsides of working from home, I miss my lunchtime werewolf group.
24 Unpublished Prototype - Lots of playtesting of both my own and others' games. I predict even more in 2015.
18 Hanabi - Moar! And yet I still haven't hit that 25. Maybe I need smarter friends. Or maybe it's me...
18 Star Realms - Great little 2p deck builder.
17 Machi Koro - And all in December. Both boys and the wife love it so it saw several lunchtime plays. Easy to teach non-gamers too.
17 Magic: The Gathering - All cube. Less than year's past, but the cube is still a no-cost (to others) way to enjoy a good game.
14 Robinson Crusoe - Great little coop that sees the table a bunch both with the family and game group.
14 Win, Lose, or Banana - Another daughter favorite, 30 seconds of silly.
12 7 Wonders - Wife's favorite, though played less as Machi Koro took over.
12 Innovation - Entertaining chaos.
11 7 Wonders: Leaders

Fives:
8 Clubs - Pretty easy to teach non-gamers, and a nice filler otherwise.
7 Coup - Huh. I don't even like this game. At least it's short?
7 Mage Knight Board Game - Daughter's favorite ever. Convincing a few others to embrace the complexity. Just got a new (to me) expansion, so I'm sure we'll see it some more. At a few hours each game though, this is a lot of hours...
7 The Resistance: Avalon - I'm Merlin.
6 Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery - Lots of playtesting actually, with a reprint coming in 2015 and me testing out potential changes and coming up with variants. A great worker placement with a little area control, one of my favorites. Glad to see a new version and be a part of making it happen.
6 One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Meh.
5 Dungeon Fighter - Silliness with dexterous dice.
5 Glory to Rome - Glory to Rome! I would play this even more if it were possible to own it.
5 Heimlich & Co. - Fun little filler.

What did you play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimes

Friday 16 - Living away from friends and family affords a little solo time.
Loopin' Louie 13 - Fun with kids/family.
One Night Ultimate Werewolf 13 - Actually didn't play this enough. Good fun.
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer 11 - Love the app and the face to face game.
Glass Road 11 - Maybe my favourite Rosenberg? Plays so fast. Such a sleek game. Concentrate and streamline.
Lost Legacy: The Starship 11 - All at CastleCon, demoing the game.
Candy Land 10 - Can play this with both my four and two year old.
Dominion 10 - My wife and I love playing this game.
Machi Koro 10 - Easy, fast, light, and enjoyable.

Fives

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game 8 - Maybe my wife's favourite game. Always with all available cards and randomized.
Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island 8 - Mostly solo plays as I live away from home.
DC Comics Deck-Building Game 7 - So easy and quick to play.
Go Fish 7 - My four year old is enjoying this recently.
Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men 7 - Would like to play this more. Just tough to find two player time not with my wife.
NOIR: Killer vs. Inspector 7 - Really interesting deduction game.
Russian Railroads 6 - One of my favourites from 2013. Great game.
Star Realms 6 - Trying to like it.
Walnut Grove 6 - Fast, tight little brain burner.
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game 5 - Maybe my favourite game of 2014. Really neat zombie game. It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of Walking Dead.
Pandemic 5 - A few solo plays in here. Low total for one of our favourites.
A Study in Emerald 5 - Amazing game experience that just needs more table time.
Telestrations 5 - Mostly mixed with Cards Against Humanity for late night fun.
Tsuro 5 - Neat little filler for larger groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
7 The Resistance: Avalon - I'm Merlin.

No, I'm Merlin!

PeteVasi wrote:
6 Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery - Lots of playtesting actually, with a reprint coming in 2015 and me testing out potential changes and coming up with variants. A great worker placement with a little area control, one of my favorites. Glad to see a new version and be a part of making it happen.

Wow, really? That's fantastic! This is one of my highest-rated Euros, but my copy went MIA a few years ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimes:
34 Red7 - fast and clever. Plus, who doesn't like to win all the time?
25 Hanabi - plus a number of partial games that didn't get recorded. Amazing as always.
18 Cities - Surprisingly enjoyable puzzle tile laying game
15 Coloretto - a smashing success considering I picked this up at BGG.con
11 Star Realms - plus about 25 hours played on iPad.
11 Werewolf - I'm obviously a villager.
10 FITS - I hate Tetris, but I really like FITS
10 Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island - Immersive and difficult; my favorite of the traditional co-ops
10 Morels - one of my sister's favorites
10 One Night Ultimate Werewolf - most of these were played last night. I think I'm pretty over this game.

Fives:
9 Paperback - Dominion meets Scrabble. Fun but I'm done with it.
9 Rialto - I really enjoy this one. Unfortunately, no one else I play with seems to like it as much.
9 Sleuth - Best deduction game I've found so far.
8 Don Quixote - Like Cities but strictly worse. Traded.
8 Factory Fun - Emphasis on the Fun. I love this one.
8 Glass Road - I think I like this? Fast and doublethink-y.
8 Shadow Hunters - Eh. OK for those times when you have a weird number of people and they don't want to play Resistance.
7 Machi Koro - Simple but growing on me. My MOM liked it, enough said.
7 Nations - Great game; I liked it a lot more than I was expecting.
6 Unnamed Object - Oldie but a goodie, great filler and also good for kids.
6 Mr. Jack in New York - I'm terrible at this but it's a great 2p battle of wits.
6 Russian Railroads - I love this game; it needs to hit the table more.
6 Sushi Go! - I must have missed recording some plays; there's no way I only played this 6 times this year.
6 Two Rooms and a Boom - I think I've reached my limit of giving this a try.
5 Blood Bound - Interesting game, awful art.
5 Bora Bora - All the points for my salad. Excellent game.
5 FlowerFall - This was best on the stairs at BGG.con with sleep deprivation
5 Hey, That's My Fish! - I'm terrible at this but it's a classic.
5 The Resistance - Only 5 plays is just wrong. I just got my kickstarter expansions and am so excited!
5 Scripts and Scribes: The Dice Game - Fun but not something we needed to keep.
5 Snowdonia - I'm still not sure whether I like this or not...
5 What's My Word? - Still love this game, just didn't visit the sushi buffet as much in 2014 I guess.
5 Zooloretto: The Dice Game - This was surprisingly fun and also cutthroat for 2p. We gave this to Dennis's nephew or I'm sure we would've racked up more plays here.

We also played Win, Lose, or Banana with Dennis's 8yo nephew who LOVED it; that would definitely be a five if not a dime except that I didn't count/record the plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimes:
24 One Night Ultimate Werewolf

And that's it. Nothing else even made it to five plays for me. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My five and dimes list for this year is pretty short. I didn't play as much as last year.

Dimes:
Go - 11 recorded plays, which is face to face. I played a lot more of it online. You like all know what I think of it already.
Lost Legacy - Round 10 plays. Pretty cool game, and I haven't tired of it even with just the base set, unlike what happened with Love Letter which I got tired of pretty fast.

Fives:
Eight-Minute Empire - 6 plays, which I played with some rules wrong for at least 3-4 of those. blush Portuguese translation issues. It continues to be pretty cool and simple, even with the correct rules.
Shadowrun: Crossfire - 5 plays. Frustratingly fun 5 plays, we only managed to abort 2 missions out of those 5, not even one win. I might be biased because I like the theme/source material, though.

Other games worth mentioning:
Fleet - 4 plays. Really cool game, although hard to play with newbies due to being possible to be out of the race pretty fast if you make some bad choices.
Paperback - 4 plays. Also really cool, although it needs tweaking to be able to play in Portuguese. Works nicely in English.
Sushi Go! - 2 plays. Surprised I didn't play this more.
Amun-Re - 1 play. cry I rarely get to play this with 5 players, especially with people that have played it before.
Divinare - 1 play. I only know one person with this game, so I sadly haven't had a chance to play it again.

Edit: crosspost with blue. Huh. Really thought my list of 4 games would be the shortest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
10 or more plays
197 - One Night Ultimate Werewolf (For a while we were playing 5-10 games of this every Monday.)
26 - We Didn't Playtest This: Legacies (It's quick and relatively painless. More of an activity than a game.)
17 - Coconuts (The family LOOOOVEs this game from Santa.)
15 - Piece o' Cake (Well liked by my gaming groups and other friends.)
15 - Yunnan (A favorite of my gaming group. This game needs more love.)
12 - Space Alert (now that I've got a few players trained, this hopefully will make 10+ plays in 2015 as well.)
12 - Splendor (A bit of a flash in the pan for me. really enjoyed it at first then it started feeling a bit boring.)
11 - Ginkgopolis (Another favorite of my gaming group.)
10 - Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries (My wife and her friend like TtR, so this map comes out a lot when the 3 of us play.)

5 - 9 plays
9 - Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 4 – Nederland (this was on my 10x10 list, but it just doesn't have much tension with 3 players and I only got 4 players on a couple occasions.)
8 - Coup (Enjoyable bluffing game, and I like the expansion rules, but Just not a game I ask to play.)
8 - Niagara (Requested by both Goo and my wife.)
8 - Werewolf (Made it to a couple of the last fullerton WW nights)
7 - Sultans of Karaya (Played this at a con with 2R1Bers. funwith that crowd.
7 - Sushi Go! (family friendly)
5 - Going, Going, GONE! (decent party game)
5 - Hanabi (all of my plays this year went awry in some way.)
5 - Loonacy (my son enjoyed this Speed game back in feb, and goti it for xmas. It is the first game I played in 2015 and is already a nickel.)
5 - Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia (My wife got it for xmas, and we managed 3 3-player games of legendary and 2 4-player team games before the end of the year. It'll be a dime in 2015)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
One Night Ultimate Werewolf (58)
-great experience with the local group!

Yunnan (10)
-currently my favorite game. An absolute joy.

Breakout: Normandy (8)
-old favorite that I'm slowly becoming competent at.

Ginkgopolis (7)
-terrific game that molds to the groups will (like Yunnan)

Coup (6)
-nice bluffing game that I imagine is greatly improved with team play - I need to try the expansion.

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)
-another great co-op, expertly wielding time pressure against the "alpha player"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Yunnan (10)

Ginkgopolis (7)

Coup (6)
-nice bluffing game that I imagine is greatly improved with team play - I need to try the expansion.

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)
-another great co-op, expertly wielding time pressure against the "alpha player"

I'm envious. Next bgg.con perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
adiamant wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Yunnan (10)

Ginkgopolis (7)

Coup (6)

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)

When we do Space Alert next BGG.con, I'd like to play through several of the scenarios. We could block off an afternoon and just play this in one of the board rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
adiamant wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Yunnan (10)

Ginkgopolis (7)

Coup (6)

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)

When we do Space Alert next BGG.con, I'd like to play through several of the scenarios. We could block off an afternoon and just play this in one of the board rooms.

DIBS

No, seriously. I love Space Alert, but I've just played the intro scenario like 10 times because I keep having to teach people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
adiamant wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Yunnan (10)

Ginkgopolis (7)

Coup (6)

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)

Certainly!
We could do a PBF of BKN on this site if you're up for it.

...perhaps some super-creative and motivated mod could create a Space Alert werewolf game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Belash wrote:
adiamant wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Yunnan (10)

Ginkgopolis (7)

Coup (6)

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)

DIBS

No, seriously. I love Space Alert, but I've just played the intro scenario like 10 times because I keep having to teach people.

This. INTROINTROINTRO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Belash wrote:
adiamant wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

Yunnan (10)

Ginkgopolis (7)

Coup (6)

Hanabi (6)
-such a great co-op

Space Alert (6)

DIBS

This. INTROINTROINTRO!

Of course, that's assuming you don't ditch us this year. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mb
I played 71 different games this year, and it looks like I didn't log everything.

Dimes:
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game 22
Hanabi 10

Nickels:
7 Wonders 7
Pentago 7
Agricola 6
Bugs in the Kitchen 5
Clue: The Great Museum Caper 5
Dungeon Roll 5
Friday 5
Hive 5
Sleeping Queens 5
Werewolf 5

What I learn from this:
I like Diversity
I play in five circles
Solo gaming
Family with kids
Lunchtime with a buddy
Date night with my wife 2-player
Rare social gatherings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Dimes!
166 One Night Ultimate Werewolf (hinged on obsession for a while there)
10 Space Alert (Some games we were less alert)
10Yunnan (More of a grower than a shower for me; I disliked it at first and came to love it)

Nickels!
8 Ginkgopolis
7 Coup
7 The Resistance: Avalon
6 Hanabi (and also my first game of 2015)
5 Istanbul
5 Karesansui (WW Secret Santa gift from last year proves to be a winner!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mb
My first and last game of the year is always a quiet game of Times Square with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally get tired of a game after 4 or 5 plays, so I don't have many dimes altogether let alone for 2014. In fact, I don't have any games that I played 10 or more times in 2014.

5+ Plays:
Qwirkle 6
Race for the Galaxy 6
Magic: The Gathering 5
MarraCash 5
The Resistance 5

That's out of a total of 155 plays for all of 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.