Subject: Couple rules questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the rules and had a couple questions....

(1) In the 3-player sample setup on page 2, should there be 2 more sin cubes shown on the left of the board by the number 6?

(2) What happens if the false prophet is at the same location as a prophet at the end of the "Prophet's Work Phase"? Does the false prophet have to move away if possible?

Thanks! Great looking game, hoping to play it today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHdave wrote:
(2) What happens if the false prophet is at the same location as a prophet at the end of the "Prophet's Work Phase"? Does the false prophet have to move away if possible?

They won't move there in the first place. The rules for the expert version covers how the false prophet moves, and it is the first bullet point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AHdave wrote:
(1) In the 3-player sample setup on page 2, should there be 2 more sin cubes shown on the left of the board by the number 6?
There are 27 sin cubes. You probably missed counting the two cubes under the red prophet in Megiddo.

AHdave wrote:
The prophet will not move into a space with a prophet under any circumstances, but a prophet can move into a space with the false prophet.
The false prophet only stays in place in two circumstances:
1) If every location adjacent to his current location is occupied by a prophet
2) If he is in a location with an altar and no prophet

So the answer to your question is: Yes, he will move if there is any adjacent space that does not house a prophet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
AHdave wrote:

They won't move there in the first place. The rules for the expert version covers how the false prophet moves, and it is the first bullet point.

Maybe I'm missing something...can't you move your prophet onto the space with the false prophet during the "Prophet's Work Phase"? Then when the false prophet takes his turn, he starts at a location with a prophet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fragasnap wrote:
AHdave wrote:
There are 27 sin cubes. You probably missed counting the two cubes under the red prophet in Megiddo.

AHdave wrote:
The prophet will not move into a space with a prophet under any circumstances, but a prophet can move into a space with the false prophet.

So the answer to your question is: Yes, he will move if there is any adjacent space that does not house a prophet.

Thanks for the feedback - maybe I'm misunderstanding, if I'm reading the "Setting Up The Game" right you should put 5 "3+2" single sin cubes plus 8 "2*(3+1)" sin cubes on the board for a total of 13. That should leave 27-13=14 off the board. If there are two in Megiddo, doesn't that put two too many sin cubes on the board according to the setup rules?

Regarding the false prophet....that makes sense, I was ignoring the rule that says "First, unless at an Altar without a prophet, the False Prophet moves one space." Thanks! (edited 1/2/14)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
AHdave wrote:
Fragasnap wrote:
AHdave wrote:

AHdave wrote:

Thanks for the feedback - maybe I'm misunderstanding, if I'm reading the "Setting Up The Game" right you should put 5 "3+2" single sin cubes plus 8 "2*(3+1)" sin cubes on the board for a total of 13. That should leave 27-13=14 off the board. If there are two in Megiddo, doesn't that put two too many sin cubes on the board according to the setup rules?

Regarding the false prophet....that makes sense, I was ignoring the rule that says "First, unless at an Altar without a prophet, the False Prophet moves one space." Thanks! (edited 1/2/14)

Thank you for answering the second question everyone!

The first question from David I e-mailed him about, but David is correct. There are two extra cubes that are on the board that should be off, I likely missed the cubes I placed under the red player. Sorry for any confusion, I will update the FAQ on the Funhill Games website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lance, sorry to double post here and on kickstarter - I wasn't sure if you were checking BGG. We're hoping to play a few more games later today at a late new years party so I was hoping to clarify before that happened
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance, how about posting the FAQ here as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Lance, how about posting the FAQ here as well?

I posted a link to the FAQ in the Links section of Kings of Israel's BGG page. Here it is also:

http://www.funhill-games.com/faq-2/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
thebrainy wrote:
I posted a link to the FAQ in the Links section of Kings of Israel's BGG page. Here it is also:

Was thinking more of a PDF (other formats) being added to the "Files" section for ease of use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
thebrainy wrote:

Was thinking more of a PDF (other formats) being added to the "Files" section for ease of use.

Maybe when the dust has settled and I find out what other questions pop up I could get that done. That should be doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuli Holopainen
Finland
Haapamäki
Keski-Suomi
flag msg tools
One question regarding The Plaque:
A prophet cannot leave a location with an Idol even if they remove it.

I had this situation that two prophets were at same location, which had an idol. Since in that card it read "if at start of players turn there is idol" (about that way), I did so, that i used first prophet to destroy the idol, and draw some resource cards (as he wasnt allowed to move), but now it came the other players turn.

Since there was no more idol there, which means, that there wasnt an idol in his location, at start of his turn, i figured he was free to move away from that location, despite at start of game round, there was an idol.

Was that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Bugala wrote:
One question regarding The Plaque:
A prophet cannot leave a location with an Idol even if they remove it.

I had this situation that two prophets were at same location, which had an idol. Since in that card it read "if at start of players turn there is idol" (about that way), I did so, that i used first prophet to destroy the idol, and draw some resource cards (as he wasnt allowed to move), but now it came the other players turn.

Since there was no more idol there, which means, that there wasnt an idol in his location, at start of his turn, i figured he was free to move away from that location, despite at start of game round, there was an idol.

Was that right?

That's a good question, and I would say you played it correctly. If at the start of the player's turn there is not an idol at that person's location they are free to move. If someone at the same location removes the idol then it should free up the other person. Same for Blessings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.