Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: nyc [+] newyork [+] [View All]
Mike Church
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
In late Oct/early Nov I will be beginning development of a board game. It will be a tile game a la Tigris & Euphrates, but with much more of an emphasis on cooperative play.

The tentative theme will be gem trading. It will be a market game where placement of the tiles influences buy/sell prices and where tiles are used to control the market.

There will be a long period of playtesting because I do not wish to publish this until I have something good. Loyal playtesters will be able to earn a share of proceeds (if any; I will warn that these are likely to be zero or tiny).

Publishers are also encouraged to contact me.

Email: mikechurch72 at gmail.

-Mike Church
http://ambition-game.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have a 5 full-geek-gamers group that's always ready to try new stuff. Let me know if you can use us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike,

You're always welcome to come visit the game group I started a few years ago. We play all the standard heavy eurogames like Tigris, Caylus, and PR among many others, and even have a little bit of experience playtesting some prototypes that Richard Breese brought last March.

We meet every other week from 7pm to midnight, usually on Fridays, but sometimes on Thursdays. The website I made for it is available at http://www.columbia.edu/cu/csss/

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Church
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Antonio: I'm always looking for playtesters. Message or email (mikechurch72 at gmail) me and I'll get back to you within a few days about this.

I have several plates spinning (an apartment hunt in a city full of unscrupulous fu..ers realtors, a 9-to-5 that's more like a 9-to-7, an AI project (Ambition going online this fall), possibly some freelance hedge-fund consulting, a writing project, and this game) so I hope you'll pardon a little bit of slowness on the turnaround.

Tom: You actually already know me (the slightly abrasive, currently bearded, kid who brought Tigris). Anyway, thank you again for inviting me and I will make every effort to be at CSSS on 13. Oct.

-Mike Church
http://ambition-game.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Church
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be at Neutral Ground tonight (10. October) and if my feel of the air is that I can get a game running, I'll be looking for playtesters then and there.

I'll probably play something else first, so don't look for me till 7 or 8. I'll be in a black polo shirt, wearing glasses, and probably have a hex mat laid out with some L's, T's and dollar signs on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.