Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hsu

New York City
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm playing the solo series on the iPad, and hit upon a very nice combo.

In my first game I had the Field Watchman, kept that, and drew the Baker in my second game. In my 3rd or 4th game I drew the Pieceworker (buy commodities for 1 food), so my go-to play turned into:

Take one grain + buy a second grain with the Pieceworker + Plow with the Watchman. I pay 1 food for the second grain, and I get 3+ back when I bake, so its never a bad play.

And I would bake up a storm. Even if I didn't need the food, I'll bake up extra food at the harvest for the Pieceworker. I am imagining my little Baker presiding over an empire of Wheat, Barley and Rye, and my Baker presiding over her ovens, turning out baguettes, sourdoughs, black breads, and sesame encrusted challahs.

I had one game where I had the Basketweavers Workshop AND the Pottery (in that game I also had the Clay Mixer), another game where I had the Well, traded it in for the Village Well, and rebuilt the Well for points. I broke 70 in my last 3 gams. Loving this combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.