Abyss» Forums » General

Subject: After first play through couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1 - If you buy a lord with just one ally and rest is pearls do you get to keep the ally card then? - We played that you kept it but felt that i was very powerful.

Q2 - If you buy a lord which is your 3rd key does the lords ability activate before he goes to a location or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:
Q1 - If you buy a lord with just one ally and rest is pearls do you get to keep the ally card then? - We played that you kept it but felt that i was very powerful.

Q2 - If you buy a lord which is your 3rd key does the lords ability activate before he goes to a location or not?

By "keep" do you mean affiliate? Yes.

Q2 I'm not sure actually...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Q2: Yes there is a window where the lord can activate before he is attached to the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Q2: Yes there is a window where the lord can activate before he is attached to the location.

Are you sure about this?

rulebook wrote:
"As soon as you gather three Keys (Keys are gained when you recruit a Lord with a Key symbol or by fighting a Monster while Exploration) you must immediately take control of a Location."
"Any Lords used to control that Location must be slid underneath it so that their Powers are covered—these Powers are no longer available for the rest of the game."

The above suggests otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yessir. See the post below, with approval from Bruno Cathala himself in the last post:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1266918/question-i-did-not-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a previous thread (maybe it's the one linked above) that part of the "recruiting" process includes the lord being able to use their ability if applicable just before having him go towards controlling a location (which is its own separate process). so yes it is legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.