5 Posts

Rune Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel French

Connecticut
msg tools
1) How does "wounding" work exactly? Rules weren't too clear on that.
2) The level 1 Elf unit is a little confusing...how does his "mana ramp" work? Can you use this outside of battle to generate more? If not, what's the point of him?
3) The level 3 "orc" unit is worded confusingly...our first game one of my buddies was placing him AND another unit on top of deck. Should you only place one on top? And can it be himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel French

Connecticut
msg tools
By orc I meant Uthuk...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head...

When a unit is wounded, it returns to the barracks at the end of the combat, so still counts in that combat. For the Uthuk specifically, you can keep wounding berserkers to trigger other units' effects, but the berserkers don't go anywhere until the combat is resolved. I suppose it's as opposed to destroying, which removes that unit from the combat before said combat is resolved, depriving you of the stats.

Can't help with the elf, sorry, as I don't play them. I presume it means you refresh a stronghold/city when the guy is played, so you would be triggering the effect outside of combat as it happens when the card is played...

The Warlock Chieftain returns one card only to the top of your deck, but that can be the Warlock himself, so you were playing it wrong, sorry! FAQ cleared that one up:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Rune%20Age/sup...

Does any of that help? Hope you're enjoying the game, anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the elf - it's been a while since I've played them but as I recall, you can only use their ability in combat. But you can declare a combat against any target with no intention of winning, in order to use their ability.

You can use them this way in order to use a city or stronghold's resource twice, in two separate purchase actions. (You can't save a resource from one action to another.)
1) exhaust one or more cities, buy something with the influence;
2) declare combat against someone or something, play archers, refresh cities (and if there's attrition, you can thin the archers from your deck);
3) exhaust the newly refreshed cities to buy something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Deepwood Archer is also good during combat. For example, let's say your opponents keep taking your cities (but you've somehow managed to get a Pegasus Rider). You can play the Pegasus Rider, exhausting two strongholds and drawing a card. You play a Deepwood Archer to ready one stronghold. Now you can play two Darnati Warriors and still use their abilities.

But when you mention resource ramp, I wonder if you're talking about the Storm Sorceress. She has an action ability. Action abilities can only be used during your turn (not on defense) and they cannot be used during a siege, battle, purchase, or spend-gold action. With the Storm Sorceress, you play her on your turn as a reward, so she sits next to your strongholds, cities, and any other rewards you may have. You can exhaust her now to generate 2 influence. At the end of the round, you must destroy her (she goes to the barracks). Why is this good? The elves need influence, so their weakness is that other players can just steal their cities. With a Storm Sorceress and your 3 strongholds, you can buy 3-gold cards even without a city, allowing you buy your powerful Pegasus Rider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.