Hide
8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: TCM or PO? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Pardo
msg tools
So I've basically gotten bored with the base Season 1 and wanted to get an expansion. Which one will give the more varied experience. I'm also keeping in mind that Toxic City Mall is almost half the price of Prison Outbreak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to maximise variability at minimal cost, go for 1 each of:

Zombicide Box of Zombies Set #5: Zombie Dogz
Zombicide Box of Zombies Set #2: Toxic Crowd
Zombicide Box of Zombies Set #3: Angry Zombies

If, however, you can't find those, or want a little more than just new zombie types, I personally would recommend Toxic City Mall over Prison Outbreak.

Though Prison Outbreak gives you 'more', in terms of total amount of 'stuff', a large proportion of it essentially duplicates what you already have (more standard zombies, many of the same equipment cards, and so on), whereas everything in Toxic City Mall is new, and, as you say, it's cheaper, so you get more bang for your buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not that they are any different game play wise, but the standard zombies in PO are all totally different sculpts/models if you are into visual variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Langis
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most of the new stuff in PO looks great when you read the rules, but don't give a better gameplay experience at all (tower, fence, security door... boring). Also most of the maps in the prison are... I don't know how to explain... Single paths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with TCM. Then get a box of the Angry Zombies (from PO), then Zombie Dogz. When S3 comes out, you'll probably want to get the full box. If you don't want to get a full box, then get a set of tiles from S3, PO or even another 4 TCM tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
MiggaWhaat wrote:
I'm also keeping in mind that Toxic City Mall is almost half the price of Prison Outbreak.
It sounds like you've already made a decision. TCM is fine, PO is fine as well. If price is an issue, then maybe TCM is better for you now. But PO has plenty of fun going on.

(And yes, I like PO's berserker zombies & switches & barbed-wire fences & cells )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either one is fine - I went TCM then PO.

TCM has lots of goodies like red weapons, zombivers for your season 1 heroes, rubble and barricades that you will miss out on by going straight to PO.

Though keep in mind, half of the missions in the TCM campaign require PO tiles and counters.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Pardo
msg tools
Thanks for all the info, everyone! I ended up with TCM (and ghost stories). I wanted to grab the box of zombies, but they are all either sold out or unreasonably expensive. Maybe at some point if they decide to reprint them all. I think the next things I'll grab are zombie dogs and the compendium.

And thanks for the heads up, Dave. I figure I'll buy PO at some capacity in the future. I'm still deciding if the new survivors and missions are worth it. As opposed to just buying the tiles and zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.