Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem with ASL is that you have total control. You can plan and carry out a perfect coordinated attack.

This issue was fixed in Up Front were you had to wait for the correct cards (that did not show up). I think this is the best part of playing Mem44 - waiting for cards and try to make a kind of coordinated attack. A simple and elegant mechanism to simulate real life lack of Command&Control in the battlefield.

How much effort is put into CC to use card to simulate real life Command&Control? In Up Front German player could replace cards to reflect experience - US player use more cards to reflect better equipment. Does card play in CC have similar effect?

Finally - the small quirk in ASL with moving units back one hex and forward again in Adv phase to avoid def fire, guess it is nothing similar in CC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Download the rulebook and find out!

(I prefer the planning & command system in the TCS games over card-driven, initiative draw, or LIM systems. The fundamental difference is that in these other systems, whenever you activate a unit, it can do something now, whereas in TCS, you have to figure out what you want to do ahead of time and then wait for your units to get their act together.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Command & Control in CC is handled very much like in Up Front viz-a-viz how the Fate cards represent what you can do and when. There really is no "sequence of play" in CC (ala ASL and others) other then "you play a few Orders or discard then I'll play some Orders or discard."

You basically can't do anything in CC without a card in your hand allowing it -- well, except concede to your opponent. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Finally - the small quirk in ASL with moving units back one hex and forward again in Adv phase to avoid def fire, guess it is nothing similar in CC...

There is NO skulking in CC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Granvold
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For an different look at Command & Control where is it handled in a much more direct way check out Fields of Fire (in development). The Consimworld forum has lots of information on this game.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?50@900.gGKXcbTnnDW.11@.ee6e...

Can't wait to get my hands on Commbat Commander.

Enjoy,
tomg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.