United States
The Triangle
flag msg tools
designer
(Tennessee and Wisconsin in between)
badge
I think you should realize these wings are really hot
mbmbmbmbmb
Testing this spell allows you to roll an additional Lore die for each Tome asset you have. It specifically does not say "Gain +1" so does this effect stack with cards that do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
It stacks. You are only limited to one "gain +X" bonus, if something adds additional dice it is not a "gain +X" bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's my understanding as well ... so stack away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
They used the phrase "additional die". A good rule of thumb is that "additional dice" always stack with everything and +X modifiers never stack with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blizzardb wrote:
They used the phrase "additional die". A good rule of thumb is that "additional dice" always stack with everything and +X modifiers never stack with each other.

An older example of this was if you were fighting a monster in a sea space and Jim and Silas were on the space with you. Each character would give you an additional die for the combat check, and you stack the effects for two dice, and also add a weapon's +X to combat, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
blizzardb wrote:

I don't think that's a rule of thumb, it is simply the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
blizzardb wrote:

This seems unnecessarily hostile... but yes, it is the rules. It is not intuitive however, and I've heard this question asked a few times by different people. Myself included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
JonBen wrote:
blizzardb wrote:

This seems unnecessarily hostile... but yes, it is the rules. It is not intuitive however, and I've heard this question asked a few times by different people. Myself included.

I cannot fathom how you read any hostility into my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
francisco bibiloni
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have a spanish translation, on reverse of this spell I can read a text like this:
0-1: lose 2 sanity if you haven't a Tome

(I translate spanish text to English)

¿is this correct?¿nothing happens if you have a tome?
I'm not sure about this, ¿it's a missprint on the spanish translation?

In case spell text is correct, I think Daisy Walker is overpowered. Start with this spell, with 1 tome and can adquire new tomes very easy.

PD: sorry for my english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kesulin wrote:
Hi all,

I have a spanish translation, on reverse of this spell I can read a text like this:
0-1: lose 2 sanity if you haven't a Tome

(I translate spanish text to English)

¿is this correct?¿nothing happens if you have a tome?
I'm not sure about this, ¿it's a missprint on the spanish translation?

In case spell text is correct, I think Daisy Walker is overpowered. Start with this spell, with 1 tome and can adquire new tomes very easy.

PD: sorry for my english.

Daisy Walker is indeed very strong, although I wouldn't call her overpowered.
Anyway, remember that each spell has 4 versions. This specific version allows the Tome-protection from losing sanity, but this doesn't necessarily mean all versions do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.