Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious as to how Titans deals with some of the monsters. In the original the 5 monsters that come with figures (with the exception of the Kraken) were very limited in terms of how long they were on the board and how they were used. I don't own Hades but I understand that in Hades this was kind of addressed and you could use priest to extend the duration that these monsters stayed on the board. I am just wondering if/how Titans deal with these monster? We always figured it was a little odd to go through all the effort of making these miniatures and then having them play such a small part. The main reason I ask this is I was watching a walk through and noticed one monster staying on the board for a number of turns. Wasn't sure if this was a mistake or if it was a new rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Sada
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo León
flag msg tools
Hey! Had to hover didnt you?
badge
mbmbmbmb
The video you saw might have been combining both Titans and Hades.
There isn't a new rule to prolong monsters effects other than Hades' priestess like you said.

Edit: Miniature monsters are there because of their prolonged effects. Suppose a 3 player game and you win the bid for the 2nd god. On your turn you buy a miniature monster and place it's miniature. Next is Apollo's turn after he ends then the next bidding phase starts, let's say you bid on Apollo. The miniature monster effects would last for the 1st & 2nd god turns, when it is your turn as Apollo the effect ends unless you play a Hades expansion priestess card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cuesta
Ecuador
Guayaquil
Select One...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He didn't said that titans playa a small role in the game, he said that un titans, monsters playa a small role un the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus Esteban Ruiz
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
If you find that the 1-turn-only creatures system annoys you (I didn't like it at all) you can change it for a popular variant: creatures, just like heroes, must be paid every turn to be kept another turn. 2 coins seem allright in most cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing with a house rule that monsters stay put on their location until their card comes up again. Probably makes them far too powerful, but it's fun seeing them on the board throughout the game being influenced by people to move about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.